What else do I need besides shock to close pool?

Renee1

Jun 6, 2016
Jackson, NJ
I have a 33,000 gallon in ground pool that we are closing on our own and I don't know what we need to do besides shock the pool the day before. What other chemicals do I add? I need something I can pick up locally, not order online as we are closing soon. Thank you

I have a 33,000 gallon in ground pool that we are closing on our own and I don't know what we need to do besides shock the pool the day before. What other chemicals do I add? I need something I can pick up locally, not order online as we are closing soon. Thank you
Just raise the FC to SLAM level for your current CYA measurement and you’re done. What are your current water test results from your TF100? It’s still pretty warm over there to be closing the pool. Would be better to wait until the water is consistently below 60F.

I'm not sure of water temperature, but we usually close it by this time every year since we don't have a heater so no one uses it. I suppose we can wait a little longer.

All other tests with the test kit are within range. I keep chlorine level at a normal level. I use liquid bleach every day.

Are there any other chemicals to add at closing? an antifreeze or something ? Winter algaecide?

Thanks

I'm not sure of water temperature, but we usually close it by this time every year since we don't have a heater so no one uses it. I suppose we can wait a little longer.

All other tests with the test kit are within range. I keep chlorine level at a normal level. I use liquid bleach every day.

Are there any other chemicals to add at closing? an antifreeze or something ? Winter algaecide?

Thanks
Look through the video link above. Closing the plumbing correctly up there is much more important than down this way.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.