What did you do to your pool today?

I cleaned like a bandit getting ready for back to school swim party. Washed the deck, vacuumed the pool...patted myself on the back. Came back outside an hour later to find a full blown ant invasion. Went back to step one and repeated ?

Well that storm certainly topped up the pool with both water and leaves.
Skimmed.
Water is a brisk 81 deg.
Regardless, needed some exercise so, swimjets on and slogged it out for a while.
Cooler water actually made the workout much more pleasant.

tested the chemistry, brushed the walls, and put some of those nasty pucks in the floaters to help boost the CYA a little. how anyone uses those things routinely is beyond me. the chemical stench is horrendous! I much prefer the non-smelling liquid chlorine route.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I did some full testing today. For the first time in well over a year, I had to add some MA. 8 ozs as I recall.
Ive been using my home made aerator for the last couple weeks to keep the water a bit cooler, so thats what I attribute the pH rise to.

I just realized I forgot to add my bleach. Turned the pump on, and shortly after the kids went swimming. (My niece and nephew came too. They have their own pool next door. I am starting to think the like my water better, ha ha. SIL said tonight she might as well not put her pool up next year, they are always here, lol.) I will have to give it a good dose in the Morning, before work. It might be a few days before it's really warm enough to swim again. :(

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support