What did you do to your pool today?

following up on this pivotrim weedeater head. Seemed like a good idea, but man, what a Pain in the bottom cheek this thing turned out to be.
Ack! I cussed a lot! Gonna try one of the ones that Bo has next.

As for the pool, welp, Its crystal clear, all the SWG lights are green. Filter is clean enough. Water temp is perfect for getting in it, which is often!

I want to know how that pro head comes out Bo, and Dave your thing too. I have the head that takes cut string. I have a love hate for it, but my Echo is going on 8, and I have no complaints. Excellent machine.

Today, I didn't do much but read what everyone else did these last few days. Northrn made me laugh at chipping ice but I feel the pain. We have been cold this year too.

I guessed my additions tonight, and ran out of bleach. :shock: So, I'm short on FC till tomorrow.

Day 1 and day 2 (today) I started at 6AM both days and was dripping wet and exhausted by the end. Thankfully we have 10 lbs. of tri-tip on the barbecue for my wife's birthday party. I see pool time in my future. Next weekend we hook up the plumbing.
fd889dc28711e4b65c6d9b8247b58bb7.jpg
366e145f2a48e234841c8f4c597a77a8.jpg

I saved this little guy from drowning this morning.
ca46ae5edc0a1ff1d8d5a0cca2bee0a0.jpg

Tested my FC this afternoon to try to dial in the swg after my mini slam. It went from 9 yesterday to 10 today, so I cut the swg back. So glad it's keeping up now and hopefully will continue to be easy sailing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are salamanders (amphibians) not lizards (reptiles). This year's is a Marbled Salamander. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marbled_salamander
Last year's is a Spotted Salamander. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spotted_salamander Both are very common in the Eastern US.
I was a reptile and amphibian geek when I was a kid and was always catching snakes, lizards, frogs, etc. and bringing them home. My mom eventually got used to having them around.

He was really cool. I'd never seen one before last year, but they are supposed to be super common. Here's another pic of him, and the one I found last year.
5d2f79ac77fa050a231c4624135e8d34.jpg
c1a2a80574cdf6412dbf7055c0c2b72a.jpg

I was a reptile and amphibian geek when I was a kid and was always catching snakes, lizards, frogs, etc. and bringing them home. My mom eventually got used to having them around.

OMG so is Skippy these days. He's fascinated by Skinks....which admittedly can be sort of pretty. We also get a lot of geckos (I think?) climbing our deck and porch screens. Aren't they the ones that change colors?

Yeah, I was thinking they might be salamanders, thanks for the biology refresher. Those are some WAY cool salamanders! I'm amazed. We got nothing but green lizards around here.

Nice job on the solar panels guys.

Somebody send a bleach :cop: to west texas to give out a ticket for insufficient bleach!

Weed whackers are for the birds! If I can't mow it or the donkeys don't eat it then shoot it with vine and weed killer every now and then.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I tested and had to add bleach. I think SWG maybe done. When I came home at 1 am it said high salt, which I know is not true. So it shutoff while I was gone. Hoping when I turn it on in a bit it runs without issue. My FC was 3.5 :eek:

Also added MA 30mins later to lower PH back down as it had reached 7.8

Tested CYA, but it shows it is the same as before 75ish.

39 Gallons! Wow, and congrats on getting that done. :goodjob:

We will always be buying Acid Lisa. :(
Very true. Stupid TA in the fill water.
Yep, me too, I am 3 years in adding acid regularly. My goal this year is to drop my TA and get my PH to stabilize. No progress with that project yet! :)

Somebody stole our sunny weekend! Been raining for a day and a half!
I had my TA down to 60. I have high fill water though so everyone I have to add water because my daughter insists on jumping in and doing flips off the ladder steps she splashes a bunch out my TA goes back up
Just out of curiosity, how often do you all add MA?

I have to add a few times a week when my TA is up. I did get to go for 6 days when I had my TA lower

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support