What did you do to your pool today?

Set concrete guy-rope anchors off edges of my deck for the Pool Volleyball/Badminton net.
Scooped Bill debris.
Tested and dumped.
Looked longingly at deck chairs wondering when we will have enough sun to sit in them.
Short odds on it being perfect weather here during the week we head off to the Red Neck Riviera, where it will rain.

Ran the pump considerably longer than my usual 30-45 minutes in order to vacuum out the last of the leaves that TS Bill's remnants dropped in and to give the water more filtering time after the storm and added enough bleach to maintain FC at the high end of the recommended range. I hope the forecast from one of our local weather guys (Pete Delkus) is correct...it shows bright yellow/orange disks for each of the next 7 days with temperatures in the low to mid-90's. Never thought I would have to wonder if it would get hot in DFW as we head into late-June.

On the flip-side, I installed a garage heater recently after dealing with three colder-than-normal winters for DFW. I guess that now means next winter will be a mild one - y'all can thank me later!

Tested water to add chems to bump up the FC enough for me to be out of town a couple of days, set vacuum to run awhile to make sure pool is clean as possible before I leave & inspected concrete around posts set for new deck. Checked my timer for pool pump run times and appears all is well. :)

Bo, I'll thank you alright if it works, no worries. I may have to send you a nice, smoked ham and Turkey for Christmas time. (And Thanksgiving) Now, why don't you go ahead and install a brand new huge over sized heater on the pool while you are at it. :mrgreen:

No kidding, right!!!????

This is two in a row now. Most people are complaining about the heat already in normal times. Now we have to tolerate them sayin "isn't it so nice and cool!??" NO!!! IT IS NOT! :)

Water temp dropped down to 81 from 85 over the last few days so had to do a plunge entry for training this morning.
With this lack of sun, FC is holding very stable. Hardly had to add anything the last couple of days.
Forecast is thunderstorms for the foreseeable future, BOOO!

Just got the pool filled Wednesday. Well, almost as Bill was hooking toward here. We got the remnants of Bill Thursday. We got more than expected so I pumped water out today. Added 50 pounds of boric acid. Uncovered the heater and goy it fired up.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Today, my pool gave me hives (figurative, not literal). And a broken fingernail. Both things happened because of a small bucket of trichlor tabs.

I admit it....I don't know how to use tablets and the thoughts of leaving the pool for 10 days without daily care just makes my skin crawl. Not only do I not know how to use those stinky things, I have no idea how to open the bucket evidently. So I cut the lid off with a pair of trauma scissors. And broke my nail.

I then gave up for the evening and added normal liquid chlorine. I swear the pool smiled as I walked away.

:roll:

Cleaned the skimmers and marveled at how easy it was to get the pool ready for my sons friends to come over. Tested water after they left - curious about consumption of FC. Had only lost 1 ppm of FC so it was 4.5 which is within my range of 4-6. And no CC. This makes me a happy girl. Getting ready to be gone a week and I feel good about how the SWG is keeping up with FC. Giving my husband and daughter the low down on how important it is to be sure the skimmers are cleared out regularly - we get critters and that's the only time my FC has fallen below target level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Patrick_B said:
Now, why don't you go ahead and install a brand new huge over sized heater on the pool while you are at it.
The thought has crossed my mind!

Regarding the pool, it is now back to normal. All leaves that TS Bill left behind are gone and the water warmed up noticeably today. Amazing how much a single sunny day can warm a pool when the sun is within a day or two of its zenith in the northern hemisphere. Back to dosing FC right at the target level (down from the high end of the maintenance range).

Yep, pool was back to 87 today. Thanks solar panels! Brushed and swam an hour. Pretty much done cleaning up hurricane debris. Gonna be poolfest weekend! :paddle:

Dangit! I just remembered that i forgot to move the valve from bottom drain to skimmers!

Woke up and turned the heater on. Had clean, warm water when neighbor mom called unexpectedly to ask if her kid could have her birthday party guests swim at our pool because their pool was 72 degrees and the party was a bust and the birthday girl was sobbing. Had about 11 kids in the pool, put on a movie for them as they swam and played on the pool toys (the Cube is neighborhood favorite). When the birthday girl said it was cake time and they all got out, I tested, dosed the pool, put the solar cover back on, and turned off the heater. About 15 minutes of work, total. None of this would have been possible without this forum. So very grateful!

Great to hear the updates everyone!

Mine has been pretty stable as usual, but my FC demand has risen dramatically with warmer temps and more sun. So much of this season, it's been very low with the temps and cloudy days. Looks like that is over, and time to increase the bleach inventory. Warming it up again for my Dad to come swimming today and tomorrow.

Brushed, Vaced, Tested & Dumped a little bleach.
Pondering what the bright hot orb in the sky is, so unfamiliar.
Might continue pondering this from a floating position with a cerveza.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support