What did you do to your pool today?

Yesterday I opened my "automatic" pool cover manually. Not the most fun I've ever had, more like forced exercise (after buying a 30" ratchet and 3/4" adapter). One day of lost swimming because I couldn't access my sparkly pool. Now to figure out why it wouldn't open. Trying to avoid a service call.

Yesterday I opened my "automatic" pool cover manually. Not the most fun I've ever had, more like forced exercise (after buying a 30" ratchet and 3/4" adapter). One day of lost swimming because I couldn't access my sparkly pool. Now to figure out why it wouldn't open. Trying to avoid a service call.

Doh! Now I can think of you when I'm cursing my manual cover and reel some days right?

Hope you can find a DIY solution.

I think I might be going mad. I'm used to constantly testing my FC and adding bleach every day. I put in a SWG last week and now I'm bored. I keep having the feeling that I should be doing more. I keep testing but everything is perfect and I am doing nothing. It's weird to get used to.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
This has been a nasty opening so far. Mice chewed through my cover, which mean I could not get nasty water off of the cover, and much of the leaf matter got into the pool, despite my leaf net (which otherwise worked beautifully, except for small leaf particles. Pool turned green, added a buttload of chlorine. Had a terrible time putting the pump basket together, drain plug broke off. Accidentally cut pump basket trying to get it out. Dumb. Then while assembling the pump, the ball valve o-ring had kinked, which led to bubbles in returns and the pump losing prime over night. So I used the "hose method" of suction side leak detection, (which worked awesomely btw!!!!), found it, replaced it. Left my pump running all night and work up to it about 3-4 over the "red line" psi this morning, but the pool was at last crystal clear (mostly).

So it's getting there and I'm learning. Too cold to swim anyway so I really didn't mind that much.

Today I put a thermometer in my pump lid.

IMG_1716.jpg

IMG_1715.jpg

Took pics of hubby (He's still alive) while he was floating around, catching rays.

20160614_154147.jpg

I swept the pool and cleared it of cicadas! Yuck!

Just finished doing maintenance on our Cover-Pools safety cover. First, I did a clean out of the cover vault - there was around 1"-2" of tree needles, leaves, a bunch of spiders, and a frog. I was also able to unclog the drain which was draining a bit too slowly. What a mess!

We were also having problems with the cover bar on the safety cover being crooked when it was in the fully open position - so I went over the procedures to set the brakes and adjusted how the cover opens. Finally, I did the cleaning and lubricated all the areas recommended by the mfg. The cover is now smooth, silent and opens correctly!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support