What did you do to your pool today?

I got to briefly look at my pool as I was heading out to work today at 2pm. Ugh.....

While you're reflecting on steaks, burgers and BBQ... I get to observe my overflow (curiously exciting for me cause I want to know it works!) - 4" to 6" of rain underway, overflow is flowing. My cup runneth over.

Not my pool, but my pool-stored SIL who happens to live next door. I had to check her TA and PH. They told her to add a big bag of low n slow to raise the alkalinity. (Not sure why the pool store always recommends that.) I advised her to not add nearly as much as they told her to, she kind of listened and added 2/3. It took her TA to 120. They sold her the PH down also, but since she has pucks in the skimmer, doh, her PH is 7.2. I told my husband I'll have to put some of my stuff in a cup and tell her it's PH up from a canister, ha ha. Her FC was 5 and she didn't understand why there was algae debris (like there was last year) when it was so clear after she vacuumed the other day. I have tried more then once to explain everything, to no avail. Plz see my signature, ha ha.

P.S. She did say the pool store said the test strips were unreliable, so they got something right!

I think it's built right into their software and the training they get from the chem cos. 1) Ignore calcium 2) raise TA to get a good LSI and so that customer will buy more acid 3) ignore CYA so customer's pool will turn green (enough unknowns and wiggle room, who cares about public safety) 4) sell extra chlorine, floc, clarifiers and also algaecide to raise copper and cause staining 5) sell stain removers and metal sequestrants 6) eventually drain and refill 7) sell startup chems... Rinse and repeat.

Does Ralph Nader still swim?

8.5" of rain (214 mm) and now sunny. Leaves blocked the overflow yesterday while we were out. Second line of defense (perimeter drains) handled it as it over-flowed the pool deck. Pumped it down last night - 15 minutes and about 1,000 gals to get it 1/2" below coping! The skimmer and the Rebel have it almost clean now. Sparkly clear, but I brushed a little 1" brown spot in a dead corner that hasn't come completely off right away, so I'm guessing algae getting a start. Salt and CH down a bit but the rest are the same.

Happy happy :) :lovetfp:

I didnt do anything to my pool day. It doesn't need anything done to it. Instead, let me tell ya what it reminded me of.

This morning before work, I went out and drank coffee by the pool. While chilling with my coffee and watching the colored lights change from blue to red to green the thought occurred to me that I am indeed a fortunate person to have found TFP and that I can enjoy my pool stress free. (And Im still amazed at how crystal clear the water is).

Im sure this morning, there are 10's of thousands of others that wish they never dug the first shovel full of dirt.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I'll be tearing my pump down today and giving it a deep clean... free of cicadas. :pukel:

Had a few bugs on the bottom in the deep end so I figured I'd break out the manual vacuum for pretty much the first time ever. What a colossal waste of time that was! Kept losing prime due to skimmer plate coming loose, then when it was working I was pretty much just pushing bugs around. ?

I will never, ever not have a pool robot. Threw in the robot. Hope he gets em all.

Sent from mobile device. Beware of brevity and spelling errors!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support