What did you do to your pool today?

Finally took the cover off last night.
7 frogs having a field day....Got all but 2 before the hid from me. Water was crystal clear with only a few leaves in it. I was surprised it was so clear because the frogs were in it. Dumped in a gallon of 12% and brushed it and stirred it up. Its still about 2" below the return. Hopefully the rains in the next few days will fill it up. I'll put the solar cover on it today and test it and see what all I need to do. Hopefully I can keep it clear till the rain fills it up some.

Sat by the pool in deep thought, pondering how we should have a TFP meeting at my house to discuss ways to remove scale build up on rocks - - - and perform experiments to see who is right. Winner gets a case of beer.

Sandpaper???? Ive read about pumice stones and I was thinking Id start in an area with MA and a brush - it does bubble up when I pour MA on it - I was planning on using MA then running feature pumps till my PH gets back high enough I can repeat but seems like it will take months at that rate.

What would the slam be for? because of all the sand paper and bits of scale in the pool? My numbers are on point.

OH and a case of beer would be worth it to have all my TFP friends here!

I would THINK that by the time you sand the scale from the rocks, your numbers would not be so on point lol. Hopefully someone has a better answer, sanding them may take a while. You could try scuff pads....they may work. I would use the gray. Red leaves a deep scratch, and I don't think white would do the trick. I would try in a small spot, and see ho it goes. As far as a road trip, I have begged my wife to visit Texas for vaca, but alas, even 15 years of begging has gotten me nothing but the same beach trips!

Amazon.com: Lot 5 Grey 3M Scuff Pad Scotch Brite 3M Brand: Automotive

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Sat by the pool in deep thought, pondering how we should have a TFP meeting at my house to discuss ways to remove scale build up on rocks - - - and perform experiments to see who is right. Winner gets a case of beer.

I think I'd use diluted MA in a spray bottle and a stainless steel or brass wire brush from Lowe's. Start at 4 to 1 and make it stronger as needed if it isn't working.

Brushed, scooped a couple of leaves I had coaxed out from under the steps, added a little CL, and got the cover back on about 10 minutes before a very large downpour started. I was so hopeful last month for nice weather. It isn't happening here in PA this month!

Raining off and on again today. Used the leaf rake to pull out the crud and will start pumping off the water sitting on the cover. Might get ambitious and get the filter and pump ready.
Most evenings it's in the 30's or 40's so haven't bothered to check temp yet.

Only in Michigan...
I am watching light SNOW fall on my 87-degrees pool. WTH.
Last Sunday, we were swimming ;) Left the heat up b/c hubby is convinced its cheaper once heated to just leave it run rather than attempt major movements. I will go hide when the gas bill ;)

image.jpg
image.jpg

Only in Michigan...
I am watching light SNOW fall on my 87-degrees pool. WTH.
Last Sunday, we were swimming ;) Left the heat up b/c hubby is convinced its cheaper once heated to just leave it run rather than attempt major movements. I will go hide when the gas bill ;)

View attachment 48091
View attachment 48092

I am disgusted .. IT IS MAY!!! For Pete's sake.. It got down to 35 here this morning. My water is down to 58.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support