What did you do to your pool today?

Worked on some electrical stuff.

Last year, things like the Christmas light, our cooler fridge, a blender and other stuff had to be plugged in via extension cords strung all over. No good.

So I started working on running wiring for a couple outlets for stuff like blenders and the fridge, plus a flood light for lighting the whole pool area brightly if/when needed and another switched outlet mounted up high to plug in hanging Christmas lights or cafe-style lights or whatever. (Don't worry, I won't hang them over the water.) While I'm at it, I'll also put in an outlet for use in the yard if needed.
Finished up the project while the 14 year old swam. Water was 72 degrees. It was in the 80s out and I was getting sweaty so I considered getting in, but decided I'd rather wait until the water got a little warmer.

Threw up some Christmas lights because I wanted to use the new switched outlet for such, and need to decide what kind of lights I want to buy.

Also added a gallon of chlorine because the cooling fan on my new SWG controller got noisy the other day. New one on the way now.

1000036145.jpg1000036146.jpg

I dropped my stir bar in the deep end of a new clients algae addled swamp. I cussed, then cried, then ordered 6 more from Amazon. Then channeled my anger at the green monster to destroy it. 🤣

Curious how long it'll take until you can see your stir bar on the bottom of the pool...

Curious how long it'll take until you can see your stir bar on the bottom of the pool...
I could barely make out the bar yesterday but couldn’t get it with the vacuum before I stirred debris into solution. I’m guessing 4 days to get it cleared.

Reactions: mgtfp
I envision a slow motion panic as the bar flipped though the air like General Zods phantom zone prison in Superman 2.

NOOOooooOOooooOOOOOooOOOooo !!!!!

The bar:

View attachment 569244

*plunk*

🤦‍♂️
There was a high speed maneuver as I was diving over the coping with my left hand to grab it. I hit it twice, then the slow motion set in as the bar floated towards the bottom. If the HO was watching I’m sure they thought I was crazy as I almost went in the pool. Water was 60 degrees….it would have been a chilly, disgusting swim. 🤣

ETA...it could have been worse, I could have knocked the speed stir in with my left knee! 😱

Last edited:
Cracked open the cover at the corners to run my first test of the season. Added 1 gal of chlorine and brushed it around. Water was dirty but I could make out the bottom just a bit under the shadow of the cover. Should be in good shape when they open her up next week. I considered opening myself this year but just can't make the time to be sure I do it all correctly. Maybe next year.

Reactions: mgtfp and Newdude

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Verified the FC climbed because 40% swg runtime was too much.

I was thisclose to just dumping the sample from how pink it turned (almost red), because I clearly had 'enough FC for today', but then I got curious about how high it climbed. It was 11. And the pool is stoopid clear.

the-simpsons-excellent.gif

I dropped my stir bar in the deep end of a new clients algae addled swamp.
Oh, man... Yuck.

I was out doing daily ritual. Tested and left all my stuff on the cook bar while I skimmed the spring pollen for about 20 minutes. When I came back to pick up the testing stuff, it was all there except the stir bar. Squirrels were jumping around as usual. I guess it was hoarded for winter.

Today I started on the pool-shed...what horrors lurk in there after 6 months of being sealed up.

Anyone want any bits of an old Dolphin Escape that I replaced with an Evo 604 ? Power supply, two baskets are fine...but pretty sure the robot itself is toast tho.

Today I started on the pool-shed...what horrors lurk in there after 6 months of being sealed up.

Anyone want any bits of an old Dolphin Escape that I replaced with an Evo 604 ? Power supply, two baskets are fine...but pretty sure the robot itself is toast tho.
I’m going to slap my hand but you should sell the controller on ebay

ran robot for 3 hours, then put the beta in
Added 1/2 gal chlorine, 450 lbs of salt, 50 lbs of calcium chloride, 7 lbs cya
Pool still holding at 62/64 degrees
I might need another 30 lbs of calcium chloride, 6 lbs of cya and maybe another 1-2 bags of salt

Reactions: Mdragger88

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support