What did you do to your pool today?

Well it's been filling for 2 days and about half way there!!!:). I jumped in and smoothed out some wrinkles and lumpy spots that the pool people left for me. Also disconnected the 9' flex hoses as they installed those like cr@p and they were stretched thin. Gonna pick up pipe tomorrow and hard pipe it in

I tested the levels and all were within normal limits, so I brushed the walls and let Sharkbait do the rest...

"Sharkbait, Ooh Ha Ha!!!"

a7a521a60d7308e1ddb2fe6b7fb968e3.jpg

Now I just need to figure out how to install the Ring of Fire...

https://youtu.be/HmPDoNrGWng

~Kevin (MN)
13.5k gal, 24' Round AG Vinyl
2HP Waterway Pump, 200sqft Hayward Element Filter
BBB Method & AuquaSmarte Inline Chlorinator, TF-100 Test Kit

Opened this weekend! Water is a balmy 51 degrees... Lots of dirt and dust on the bottom from snow melt. Brushed about 5 times but need to manually vacuum this week to get it all up.

Put in some CYA to bring up from about 25 to 40. Dissolving... slowly in the cold water.

Test at opening after refilling about 2-3 thousand gallons:
FC 4
CC 0
pH 7.4
TA 80
CH 325
CYA 25

Crystal clear water but lots of dirt, a few leaves. I'd start using the TigerShark but below about 70 degrees it's pretty sluggish.

First year opening after closing myself. No issues. Opened neighbor's pool too... payment in beer!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I wanted to hook the pump up today but I'll wait til tomorrow. Hubby has been working on finishing the deck.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Just got back from the pool store :pale: all the rain dropped my CH to 96!!! Ive never had to add before - so this part is new to me. Now I get to go sprinkle it over the surface - I am going to test one more time before I do & Ill probably split the amount to add in 1/2 and do the rest tomorrow. Just seems like a LOT to add at once. BUT, the water is still holding some temperature from the weekend! YAY!

Just got back from the pool store :pale: all the rain dropped my CH to 96!!! Ive never had to add before - so this part is new to me. Now I get to go sprinkle it over the surface - I am going to test one more time before I do & Ill probably split the amount to add in 1/2 and do the rest tomorrow. Just seems like a LOT to add at once. BUT, the water is still holding some temperature from the weekend! YAY!

I would only raise it to 250ppm. It is a good idea to raise it.

I swept about 5 gallons of katkins off of the cover last night. Added a gallon of bleach, and ran the pump for a few hours. I hope the rest of the katkins fall from the *stupid* trees before this Sunday so I can take the cover off and get to work.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support