West Texas Pool Build

Re: Our West Texas Pool Build

Brushpup, Mia, remember a couple of months ago I was complaining about the war zone in my yard? I feel for ya! Heck we are still finding pieces of wiring and cut PVC pieces out there, several today and I thought I had caught them when I raked it all up weeks ago! Still have blue patches bad some gunite splotches where they cleaned out their buckets. It's going to be better, I promise!

Yes, I remember, and I know...it just seems to be dragging now and we are sick of the mess.

I think all the freezing has killed much of my St Augustine as well. Boo!!! Oh well... spilled milk as they say.

A little rock work done yesterday. They are getting it arranged, but ran out quickly. Good thing we found the other pallets, it looks like it will take all they have left at the yard in this selection.

Turt7rs_zpsb33618ec-1.jpg

Turt8rs_zpsf0969441-1.jpg

Turt9rs_zps5cd2bb33-1.jpg

Turt10rs_zps3a47fd23-1.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

You’re getting closer, but none of us can seem to get a break from the weather. With such a huge backyard, do you have any other projects to fill that space?

That my friend, is the $100,000 question right now. We have thought about a few different things, but are we still undecided at the moment. We are both having a had time getting inspired, and we're thinking it will come once we get some mess out of here. Lot's of grass to replace, and the deep corner is tricky in terms of sunlight. Combined with our dry weather, it's hard. Seeing you say that about winter all the way down there is really demonstrative of just how crazy this season has been. I spent some summers with Grand Parents in San Juan, and one thing they loved was the lack of "winter" down there. I sure hope next year is better...man!

Small update...a little more stone laid out now. The man doing this work is a much older Gentleman and he's been working steady all week now. He left early today and I don't blame him if he needs a break. If he takes the weekend I won't blame him either. He has been busting his tail and I really doubt I'd be in any shape to do this at his age. We are very pleased with his work and did my best to express that to him this morning. Don't know what tomorrow will bring, but we are getting closer. I'm guessing another 3 or so weeks, but it really is just a guessing game on that.

Turt13rs_zpsab68da89-1.jpg

Turt11rs_zps7cc8123f-1.jpg

I would say we are about 95% (give or take) finished with laying out the stone for pattern. The far side of this lacks a little but no too much. I'll be anxious to see how they glue it all down, and been trying to work that one out in my head. I'll try to get some shots made of that if I can. It should be interesting. We were talking about the hole left in this area this evening. Since this is the only blank spot on this side, we came to the conclusion Maestro is waiting for the right stone to speak to him for this spot. :D

Turt12rs_zpsd81ba4b9-1.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.