Well Water=Brown Water. Test Results!

heatmisr said:
Turn the chlorinator off and leave it off. The pucks are loaded with CYA and that is why your CYA is going up. If you use BBB, you don't need the chlorinator. If your CYA gets too high, the only way you can get it back to a manageable range is to drain water out of your pool and refill it. Since you are on a well, I am sure you don't want to have to go through this again.

Thanks, will do that :goodjob:

aharper10 said:
Didn't have time to post this morning but FC was 27.5 so I only lost 0.5!!!!! I tested it again to be sure and it tested at 28. I can't believe it!! I am so excited!! I came home from lunch and the water is starting to look a little sparkly :goodjob: It's crazy how it changed so much the last day or so. We were thinking of swimming tonight.....We can as long as the FC is between target and shock level?

I don't even know what to do now. So I just need to keep my FC around the target level all the time now?? Thanks for everything :party: :party: :party: :party: .....
Congratulations :goodjob: There's nothing like seeing sparkly water :-D

Most say you can swim between "minimum" and "shock" level for your CYA :wink:

Enjoy :whoot:

We swam Thursday night and yesterday. Last night the water had lost it's sparkle. It looked like it had the prior few days. I checked the after we swam and it was 20. I shocked it and got it up to 24 and it was 24 this morning. It looked a little better but still didn't have the clarity that it had Thursday. My CYA is 50 so the shock level was 20. I figured it would get the sparkle back by this morning. After the party today it's really dull now. Would it be ok to put a little extra bleach in or does it take a day or two of no one swimming in it to clear back up? Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.