Walmart "Pool Essentials 10% Chlorinating Liquid" - Anyone else not able to find it?

Re: Walmart "Pool Essentials 10% Chlorinating Liquid" - Anyone else not able to find

Becareful when buying Clorox brand bleach. They have added some 'magic' stuff to make it work better for clothes. I've had good luck using the 'cleaning' bleach from Walmart.

Re: Walmart "Pool Essentials 10% Chlorinating Liquid" - Anyone else not able to find

I’ve heard it’s (Lowe’s or Home Depot) old and stored in the heat which makes it less potent. I used it once and found it did not chlorinate as well as it should have. But if it’s fresh and stored properly should be fine. I buy from pool supply now as theirs is stored properly and they have a larger turnover. I bought 4 gallons for about 13 dollars 12%.
And they carry it to the car.
Hit or miss at Lowes, usually with a month at my local store. But went to another store just a month ago and it was dated very late 2017. Agree on checking with pool store, found for better price there, especially with refillable jugs.... Worked out to be about $2.25/gal and 12% strength.

Where are people in the DFW area getting their liquid chlorine. Just went to a Wal-Mart and all out. This frustrating.

I think as TFP method catches on (which it is!) it will be easy for one store to be cleared out of regular bleach with one healthy SLAM in one season. I found this to be true last year with our local Giant. After I cleared their shelves of Store brand I did not see a restock. Must be the case around me in SE PA since I don’t see regular bleach around much. So, Pool Store is getting our business again to purchase the potent stuff—which is fine with me.

Where are people in the DFW area getting their liquid chlorine. Just went to a Wal-Mart and all out. This frustrating.

Were they all out of bleach as well? I buy LC from either Walmart, my local Agway, pool store, Home Depot, grocery stores...... you don’t need “pool strength”. It’s s little more economical and requires carrying less jugs but ANY plain, unscented, non splashless, non ez-pour, non chloramax bleach will serve your purpose.

Walmart in north Plano on Ohio and 121 just got ~50 of them dated 18 179. Just picked up six of them. Probably should have gotten more :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

I went to 3 Walmart stores last week.

I ended up at Leslie's on 121 in The Colony. The guy there said they always keep a pallet for pool guys. Not all Leslie's does that according to the guy there. He said he doesn't get asked about LC, but yesterday we were the second ones. Of course they still tried to push their products, but not overbearing.
a8939ebb6bd1a0c825bdd1b2ca249b0d.jpg

I know it’s not the ideal place to go, but I just picked up some liquid chlorine from Home Depot. The date on the box shows it was bottled on the 199 day. Today is 216 day. Pretty close to FRESH!!!

I get mine from Kroger Signature stores. I shop there and all four stores in the 20 mile radius carries it. They have a small pool section and it is on the bottom shelf. 3.99 gal 10% with fresh dates.

The other location I get it from is Dollar General. 2.20 a gallon 6% and it is usually fresh as well. That is if Kroger is out of the pool bleach and their own 8.25% brand for 2.40.

There is a pool warehouse in Conroe Tx but you have to work or own a pool company to buy from there.

I get mine from Kroger Signature stores. I shop there and all four stores in the 20 mile radius carries it. They have a small pool section and it is on the bottom shelf. 3.99 gal 10% with fresh dates.

The other location I get it from is Dollar General. 2.20 a gallon 6% and it is usually fresh as well. That is if Kroger is out of the pool bleach and their own 8.25% brand for 2.40.

There is a pool warehouse in Conroe Tx but you have to work or own a pool company to buy from there.
Hmmm...I don't think our Kroger Signature store has a pool section? In a pinch, I was using Great Value since I was already at Wal-Mart and it was 8.25%, or so I could have swore that's what I read. This last week I now saw 6%...the same price I thought I paid for 8.25% last year.

CP70, thank you! We are in Frisco and our closest Leslie’s never carried it. Have been resorting to grocery store house brand bleach lately. Hit or miss everywhere else. Headed to 121 store now. Love the TFP community!

Wow, my Walmart is out of LC too. And not real helpful as to if that's the end of it this year or if more will be ordered. I swear! So had to buy Great Value and it's only 6% instead of 8.25% I was getting before. So LC at 10% compared to Great Value bleach at 6%! YIKES! Although the Great Value 6% was cheaper than the Great Value 8.25%. So that's a plus.

I was also buying acid so you can imagine the looks I got! WHAT YOU STARING AT??? LOLOLOL (as they look away real fast)

You can't order LC online and have it shipped to your house, can you?
Sherry

Wow, my Walmart is out of LC too. And not real helpful as to if that's the end of it this year or if more will be ordered. I swear! So had to buy Great Value and it's only 6% instead of 8.25% I was getting before. So LC at 10% compared to Great Value bleach at 6%! YIKES! Although the Great Value 6% was cheaper than the Great Value 8.25%. So that's a plus.

I was also buying acid so you can imagine the looks I got! WHAT YOU STARING AT??? LOLOLOL (as they look away real fast)

Sherry

https://www.truevalue.com/smart-swi...on?ctplacement=570069-44622122499&cid=gooshop

At my Walmart, the 10% LC is $3.64 per gallon. That works out to $.284 per effective ounce of chlorine.

Great Value cleaning bleach is $2.60. It’s 6%. That works out to $.339 per effective ounce of chlorine.

This is is a standardized calculation that comes by converting the prices to price per ounce at 100% strength.

As as you can see, the 10% is a better deal but not by that much other than you have to deal with less jugs to get the same result.

In your 19,000 gallon pool, if we assume 60 days of swim season left (I can’t see where you’re from on my tablet so I’m going by best case scenario here in the NE with a heater you’re willing to run), and we assume a daily chlorine demand of 3ppm, your pool would consume 75 oz of 10% per day. 75 oz x 60 days = 4,500 oz of LC. / 128 oz per jug = approx 35 jugs x $3.64 per jug = $128

Same calculation with the 6% GV Bleach. 118 oz per day to maintain 3ppm loss x 60 days = 7,080 oz of 6% bleach / 128 oz per bottle = Approx 55.5 jugs x $2.60= $143

Sherry
No, you can't have it delivered via mail.

Jim,
Thank you for the breakdown. That's why I was glad to see the 6% ($2.60) cheaper than I had been paying when I was buying the 8.25% bleach. Even the 10% isn't that much difference in price looking at your calculations. But look at all the extra lugging around of bottles! It's a lot of extra bottles compared to the 10% so I'm gonna keep checking Walmart and see if they get any more in this summer.

I appreciate you making those calculations for me. Very helpful! :bowdown:
Sherry

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks cp.

That's what I thought. The FBI would probably have me on some kind of list! YIKES!!!!
Sherry

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks cp.

That's what I thought. The FBI would probably have me on some kind of list! YIKES!!!!
Sherry

- - - Updated - - -

Jim,
Thank you for the breakdown. That's why I was glad to see the 6% ($2.60) cheaper than I had been paying when I was buying the 8.25% bleach. Even the 10% isn't that much difference in price looking at your calculations. But look at all the extra lugging around of bottles! It's a lot of extra bottles compared to the 10% so I'm gonna keep checking Walmart and see if they get any more in this summer.

I appreciate you making those calculations for me. Very helpful! :bowdown:
Sherry

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.