Walmart "Pool Essentials 10% Chlorinating Liquid" - Anyone else not able to find it?

Re: Walmart "Pool Essentials 10% Chlorinating Liquid" - Anyone else not able to find

My Walmart told me they are sold out for the season and won’t be re-stocking this year. If you have an Aldis nearby you may want to call and check prices on their bleach; it’s a 8.25%, fresh and quite a bit cheaper than other sources have been in this area.

Re: Walmart "Pool Essentials 10% Chlorinating Liquid" - Anyone else not able to find

My Walmart told me they are sold out for the season and won’t be re-stocking this year. If you have an Aldis nearby you may want to call and check prices on their bleach; it’s a 8.25%, fresh and quite a bit cheaper than other sources have been in this area.

That's what I've been using this year. Tandil 8.25% bleach from my local Aldi.

I just purchased 10 pct chlorine at Home Depot in Phoenix yesterday. It is stored outside, but it was dated 190 or July 9th. I have been using HD chlorine all year and dates and strength have always been good.

Walmart is completely out here in Central Tx. and will not restock. I leave my pool 'open' all year, but use bleach in the winter time when the SWG cannot function due to cold temps. Luckily, Home Depot still carries 8.25 indoors. After Harvey hit Houston, Tx was short on bleach for quite some time...but Walmart carried it in their overflow pool section all the way to October of last year.

Same situation in my area! How do you read the date code on the HD Chlorine? I don’t understand how 190 means July 9th! Thanks!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

It's the 190 day of the year?

Called Julian calendar. Basically take the number and divide by 30. That will get you very, very close.

190 divided by 30 is 6.3333 so that's 6 and 1/3 months. Six months is the end of June, plus another 1/3 of a month is about the 9th or 10th.

TADA!! Math is cool, huh??

Walmart in East TN is out too. I checked Home Depot the “freshest” they had was 18082. They had some cases of 17345 on a pallet that was shrink wrapped. I am going to check Rural King they advertise 4 gallons for $8.99. Will have to see how fresh it is.

Hey wprileyjr3, I'm a local in S. Knox. The Wal-Mart out here is out too and I was told they're not restocking.

I found it cheaper to go to local pool store, Pinch a Penny for chlorine. They had 1gal jugs for $3.29, cheaper than Lowes or Walmart in my area. It was also fresh as they had just had delivery the day prior. Store owner said that it's labeled at 10% to allow for storage life, but it was actually around 12-13%. They also offered 2.5 gal jugs for $4.49, charge for jug but refunded if returned in 2 weeks. That works out to $1.80/gal, so best deal I've found. Check with your local pool stores for any deals they offer.

This is exactly where I get mine. So much simpler and they carry it to car.

Was at Walmart yesterday in Steubenville, OH. They had very little left. I bought four 2-packs so 8 gallons. Date code 192. I thought something was funny, when it wasn't where it usually is. Wish I would have bought more. I'll check another local Walmart tomorrow. I have to use LC. With CH of 1100, cal-hypo is just not an option.

Was at Walmart yesterday in Steubenville, OH. They had very little left. I bought four 2-packs so 8 gallons. Date code 192. I thought something was funny, when it wasn't where it usually is. Wish I would have bought more. I'll check another local Walmart tomorrow. I have to use LC. With CH of 1100, cal-hypo is just not an option.
It was in a different section of the store?

Wondering if i should be checking a clearance aisle

Yep, different location. They have moved and consolidated all of their pool supplies to a single small section. The LC wasn't there. The wife found it where they usually keep BBQ items. Were only a few boxes left when I got mine. Should have bought it all.

Good morning, Getting ready to start SLAM and wanted to ask how the Chlorine that Lowes has stocked, Kem-Tek Liquid Pool Chlorine, compares to just using Clorox Liquid Bleach?

Bleach is $4 +/- per gallon and Chlorine at Lowes is $6.86 for 2 gallons. Plus 10%off military discount...
Thanks.

I’ve heard it’s (Lowe’s or Home Depot) old and stored in the heat which makes it less potent. I used it once and found it did not chlorinate as well as it should have. But if it’s fresh and stored properly should be fine. I buy from pool supply now as theirs is stored properly and they have a larger turnover. I bought 4 gallons for about 13 dollars 12%.
And they carry it to the car.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.