Very hard water here - why do SWCG clog so quick?

moomoo

Jul 29, 2023
lubbock, texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Yes I understand that you make your own chlorine with swg. Another reason I am leaning toward swg is a possible shortage of chlorine. If the railways had shut down chlorine was the #1 listed as hard to get. Thanks for your input.
have two friends here in the Lubbock area that both switched from salt due to the SWGC getting clogged every few days from the Ca build-up inside of it...maybe that's the issue Deb was referring to. I'm now torn between the two choices as well

If their SWCG is scaling up, they are not managing their pool water chemistry.

You can also add borates to the pool water to reduce scaling in the SWCG. You should also be using softened water for your make up water for the pool.

If their SWCG is scaling up, they are not managing their pool water chemistry.

You can also add borates to the pool water to reduce scaling in the SWCG. You should also be using softened water for your make up water for the pool.
would like to say that soft water is a possibility, but using our well for the pool. Pretty hard water over there...Noted on the water chemistry!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.