CB9742

Aug 1, 2019
Aledo, Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
My pool has been in freeze protection for the last couple days. When I came home today, the spa was almost empty. Can anyone help me with confirming valves are positioned correctly?

My spa has a spill over and normally runs into the pool during normal operation.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_1027.jpeg
    IMG_1027.jpeg
    486.6 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
In the pictures you have both the spa return and the spa MD closed so technically nothing leaving and nothing returning to the spa. Maybe the freeze mode is flipping between pool and spa on the suction side and not flipping for some reason on the return.

Haha yes, yes you do. Thanks, I added it.
I had a similar issue two winter seasons past. Worked fine until temps dropped too low. After deductive reasoning and only failing when temps dropped, I removed the cover of the actuator and discovered water had infiltrated the actuator and it would not operate as the inside was a block of ice. Pulled it, replaced it with a new one and rebuilt the old in the event it happened again. Now do maintenance before winter season and check the gaskets and interior of the value actuators for water. Not sure this will help you find your issue.

Reactions: CB9742
What automation system do you have?

Spas will drain over time when freeze protection is flipping between pool and spa every 30 minutes due to the water moving at different speeds through the valves as they rotate.

You need to run your spillover once in a while to top off the spa.

What automation system do you have?

Spas will drain over time when freeze protection is flipping between pool and spa every 30 minutes due to the water moving at different speeds through the valves.

You need to run your spillover once in a while to top off the spa.
I have the Jandy JEP-R Controller. I’m currently in the regular pool mode, and the spa maintains the same level, never spills over. The valves rotate when I change modes, so they’re not stuck. I had to change it to spa fill to get water back in the spa.

Sounds like all is normal for your setup.

Just keep a watch on your spa level and use spa fill to top it off when necessary.

Sounds like all is normal for your setup.

Just keep a watch on your spa level and use spa fill to top it off when necessary.
Sorry, I suck at explaining things. Before our recent freeze, my spa would spillover into the pool. Now the level in the spa just remains the same and never spills over.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Sorry, I suck at explaining things. Before our recent freeze, my spa would spillover into the pool. Now the level in the spa just remains the same and never spills over.
Would your spa spillover to the pool whenever you were in pool mode?

I have the Jandy JEP-R Controller. I’m currently in the regular pool mode, and the spa maintains the same level, never spills over. The valves rotate when I change modes, so they’re not stuck. I had to change it to spa fill to get water back in the spa.
I do not see where JEP-R controls pool and spa modes and actuators.

Show me pics of where you change to pool and spa.

JEP-R controls the pump only…

Compatible with all Jandy variable-speed pumps, the JEP-R controller features two timed speeds with up to 8-speeds total.

I have the iAquaLink 3.0 and the JEP-R. I’m not sure why it’s hooked up this way, but I can’t control the speed of the VSP with auqalink.
I do not see where JEP-R controls pool and spa modes and actuators.

Show me pics of where you change to pool and spa.

JEP-R controls the pump only…

Compatible with all Jandy variable-speed pumps, the JEP-R controller features two timed speeds with up to 8-speeds total.

I have the iAquaLink 3.0 and the JEP-R. I’m not sure why it’s hooked up this way, but I can’t control the speed of the VSP with auqalink.
Your JEP-R controller should be disconnected and the pump RS-485 control wires connected to your Aqualink board.

Dipswitch3 should be turned on to enable SPILLOVER mode on AUX3. If something is connected to AUX3 it will have to be moved to another available relay. Read Jandy Aqualink RS - Further Reading

Reactions: CB9742
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.