Vacuuming Intex Pool

mc1989

May 6, 2023
Kentucky
Hi there,
I am desperately trying to get my pool open and ready. I have skimmed and leaf raked all feasible debris but have a fine coating of algae on the bottom that needs vacuumed. I've bought the Intex deluxe maintenance kit but cannot figure out how to hook it up properly or get any suction. Can someone help?

I think I have the same kit. Attach one end of the long hose to the tube on the end of the canister. Insert the pole into the blue tube at the same end and the vacuum head to the other end.
Other end of the long hose fits on to one of your intake ports inside the pool. Replace the filter cap screw on with the supplied tube screw on. For better suction, use a white cap to plug the other intake. Turn on pump and vacuum away.
(assuming you have an intex pool here....)

I think I have the same kit. Attach one end of the long hose to the tube on the end of the canister. Insert the pole into the blue tube at the same end and the vacuum head to the other end.
Other end of the long hose fits on to one of your intake ports inside the pool. Replace the filter cap screw on with the supplied tube screw on. For better suction, use a white cap to plug the other intake. Turn on pump and vacuum away.
(assuming you have an intex pool here....)
Yes, we have the graphite panel Intex pool. My inlets don't screw off and I can't figure out how to plug the other intake.

61469074.jpg

your pool came with something like this, no?
The black plugs can be used to shut off an intake. The filter cap on the left screws off.

have same setup and yes, you have two inlets, release pressure on the hose tightener, pull out the screen filter on the inlet, inset black plug so you have one inlet running. next, prime the vacuum hose by submerging it in water. you'll want the hose free of air and once primed, attach the hose to the inlet, keeping the other end of the hose under water. attach the vacuum.

see post here for more info

have same setup and yes, you have two inlets, release pressure on the hose tightener, pull out the screen filter on the inlet, inset black plug so you have one inlet running. next, prime the vacuum hose by submerging it in water. you'll want the hose free of air and once primed, attach the hose to the inlet, keeping the other end of the hose under water. attach the vacuum.

see post here for more info
What do you mean by release pressure on the hose tightener? The outside screw part?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.