Ugh - wind

Yippie- look again, that's the waste port off the sand filter, lol. Moving water from under the cover to on top...

Rocket:. No "weight" to speak of on the cover - it's just floating on the surface of the pool. By pumping pool water on top I'm sinking it a couple of inches, but there is a ton of slack so no significant stress on the rails.

The cover pump sitting on top didn't make a difference - I think I actually heard the wind laugh at it. Once that cover inflates its really something to see. Usually only an issue if the wind picks up before I close it. Although if it gets up over 35mph it can start to inflate on it's own. The only way I've managed to force it back down is with water

Where is that volume of air getting in to cause the inflation once it's in the closed position? Is it going through the pit, under the cover and in up over the dam wall, lifting up the cover at that point? Or getting in next to the leading edge where there is a gap?

I'm just curious because I've never seen that during our wind episodes on our Coverstar. A pool task I'm sure you'd rather not deal with.

I think it's a combination of air pushing into the Gap at the pit end like you said, but also as the wind blows across there is a low pressure created that lifts the cover as well. Like an airplane wing. You can see it pull up off of the water at the leading end.

The wind primarily blows that direction across the pool (comes straight at the back of the house and over the fence, then deflects out sideways. In the pic you can see the landscape blocks holding the lid down over the end - it has blown off on a couple of occasions.

Gotcha. Wouldn’t have thought of the air pressure effect. I do know around our house the diverted winds are strong.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.