Total Solar Eclipse April 8, 2024 Monday.

Cui Bono?

I am now in Carbondale to get some answers and see just how deep the rabbit hole goes.

They thought that no one was going to notice, but I have noticed and they will rue the day that they chose to try to pull such an outrageous stunt.

Today's eclipse does not count because it is not complete.

There will be a partial lunar eclipse on Oct. 28 2023 Saturday

On March 03 2045 Saturday, there will be a special eclipse where the sun goes between the earth and the moon to eclipse the moon, which should be really interesting.

Flying and driving in from around the country, about 20 of both Meg's family and mine are having a houseboat party out on the lake in Hot Springs, AR for about 4 minutes of totality.

Family Reunion to follow.

This will be my third (other two without clouds!) and each has been a monumental event. Langley AFB for my first, somewhere around 1970 and then another in Eastover, SC (pop 400). About 2000 showed up in the City Park for about 3 minutes of totality. Stunning!

So, get in as big a space as you can. Being in the path of totality is about 1,000 times better than being close so don't shortchange your self........totality is almost mandatory.

Watch the Earth, people and animals around you.......everything changes. It's VERY close to a religious event if you let it be.

Red Rider said it best. "Lunatic Fringe, I know your out there!"

JamesW, go ahead and place the order for clear skies!!

Reactions: JamesW and Newdude

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I viewed the eclipse from the comfort of my walk-in closet. My wife’s jewelry hangs right near some high casement windows in the closet and was reflecting the light from this mornings eclipse onto the floor. Normally my sunny mornings are greeted with rainbows from the diffraction of the sun light. This morning I got to see the partial eclipse -

IMG_1579.jpeg

A minimal effort viewing on my part …

A minimal effort viewing on my part …
Walk outside to see the eclipse?

Nah, it’s too much trouble.

However, I suppose that if the eclipse finds a way to be visible inside, I will take a few seconds to enjoy it.

Galileo built his own telescope and then stood outside in the cold winter’s night for 12 hours observing the moons of Jupiter and taking copious notes....just sayin’.

Last edited:
Reactions: JoyfulNoise
I’m sure all the solar PV owners out there were big madz at the eclipse for putting a dent in their daily production. They’re petitioning the UN to move the eclipse to non-peak hours so they can maximize their output … either that or they want an “eclipse rebate credit” applied to their next billing cycle.

My friends and I drove from Pittsburgh to Kentucky to see the 2017 eclipse. Fortunately, the one here will be passing right over. We may drive ~45 min east for a bit more time in totality though. The 10/14 annular eclipse was pretty interesting, fortunately I had already ordered my eclipse glasses so we got to enjoy it for a little while.

Reactions: JamesW
Welp. That was a roller coaster ride. Hoisting the bowling ball up to the sun, it slipped and knocked me out. But things went dark for 3 mins, so I still got to see it. :goodjob:
It was probably a bad idea to coat the bowling ball in silicone pool lube before holding it up.

I am not sure why you did that.

In any case, I was worried that other people would have the same problem, so I made a few calls and I was able to get the eclipse reinstated.

However, it is now a Pay-per-View event.

If you want to watch the eclipse, you will have to sign up and pay 100 Easy Payments of $19.95 or a onetime deal for only $1,995.00.

Reactions: Newdude

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support