Torrid journey - need a sanity check

Let me start off by saying Best wishes to you Daughter and hope she has a speedy recovery. I just found TFP forum myself. Buying the proper test kit TF-100 following the guidance of members and the pool math calculator for the first time of owning a pool for 10 years I'm in control and it cost less. Big plus my weekly trip to the pool supply store has stopped I will need something sooner or later but they won't need to test my water. No more wall of snake oil.

Let me start off by saying Best wishes to you Daughter and hope she has a speedy recovery. I just found TFP forum myself. Buying the proper test kit TF-100 following the guidance of members and the pool math calculator for the first time of owning a pool for 10 years I'm in control and it cost less. Big plus my weekly trip to the pool supply store has stopped I will need something sooner or later but they won't need to test my water. No more wall of snake oil.
Thank You ! good luck with your pool.
I have not been to the store for 4 weeks now. I will go today though to get salt tested - I had a new PCB on Aquabrite installed 5 weeks ago, and the reading has stayed at 3200 since then, except today when it said 3300 AFTER I added 3 inches of water last night! Any idea , if no rain, what the salt drop should be per month? thx

Once you get your pool sorted out, use your SWG to maintain your FC. If you need to raise your FC, you should use the liquid bleach to get it where you need to per the CYA/chlorine chart. I run my SWG 9 hours a day at 25% which maintains the FC level. It might take you a few tries to figure out what your pump run time and SWG percentage should be, but once you find what works for your pool, you should be set.

As to the question regarding your salt 3200ppm to 3300ppm, that is a small fluctuation and I would not worry about it. I find when the weather temps get cooler, my salt level may increase a bit and when it's hotter, they might decrease a little. But I wouldn't worry about 100ppm difference.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.