Too much salt

After draining/ refilling Be sure to let the water circulate for a day/overnight before testing cya & salt.
Also, keep adequate fc in the water with liquid chlorine so your algae doesn’t get worse until you can do the SLAM Process
Thanks for all the help. I think I'll just leave work early and go home and work on it. Apparently the whole thing is too much for my husband to comprehend lol.

What does your water cost? To lower it in small amounts with your pool pump will take many times more water than using a submersible pump and following the no drain exchange shown in the Wiki article linked above.

As you live in Florida, we assume a simple drain and refill is not viable due to shallow water tables. If you are absolutely confident there is no risk to your pool shell by draining, you can do that. But be sure.
Our water table is very shallow. Just a few feet. Hoping for lots of rain and I’ll just keep draining with the hose and refilling. Husband does not want to get a submersible pump.

Last edited:
Be careful where you put the other end of the hose …. Draining 0000s of gallons of water has to go somewhere unless you have a drain capable of taking it that you are allowed to use. I’ve seen a neighbor flood their yard/house not thinking it through before

Just have a plan for where all the water goes before you open the spigot 🙂

Be careful where you put the other end of the hose …. Draining 0000s of gallons of water has to go somewhere unless you have a drain capable of taking it that you are allowed to use. I’ve seen a neighbor flood their yard/house not thinking it through before

Just have a plan for where all the water goes before you open the spigot 🙂
I’m draining into an already brackish pond behind our house.

No sharks and we’ve yet to see a gator in our pond but the next street over had one. 🐊😂
We rented a vrbo in orlando with a pool to go to Disney & it was in sight of the neighborhood lake. There was a giant alligator in there. There was no fence just a screen cage for the pool 😳 I was nervous the whole vacation! This was also right after the gator incident with the little boy at Disney.

We rented a vrbo in orlando with a pool to go to Disney & it was in sight of the neighborhood lake. There was a giant alligator in there. There was no fence just a screen cage for the pool 😳 I was nervous the whole vacation! This was also right after the gator incident with the little boy at Disney.
We have a fence but no pool cage. I’ve seen videos of gators climbing right over fences. That incident at Disney was so sad. I’ve seen a few gators in ponds in the neighborhood in person.

• Wow
Reactions: Mdragger88

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
We have a fence but no pool cage. I’ve seen videos of gators climbing right over fences. That incident at Disney was so sad. I’ve seen a few gators in ponds in the neighborhood in person.
We spend a lot of time in hilton head and gators have killed a few folks :( usually they come after the pet and the owner tries to save them.

• Sad
Reactions: Mdragger88
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.