This weather stinks

We've had so much rain!!! It would get up to the high 70's then drop to 71 in the rain. I made some lily pad's for the pool that seem to be helping some. We finally broke our streak of it getting stuck at 80-81 and got to 84 today!!! Hoping it stays that way, but looks like more and more rain the end of this week.

Finally got the heater installed with the auxiliary pump, the 1500 GPH Intex pump was not enough to also feed the heater. The flow rate was insufficient to kick on the heater. So I brought back the original 1000GPH pump which came with the pool. That gave me enough flow to turn it on. Ran the heater for six hours over Monday and Tuesday. Combined with the Air temp in the high 80's to low 90's both days, I finally got the water temp up from 71 to 80! Woo Hoo!! God I love my oak trees for the shade on sunny days, but they don't make it easy to keep the pool warm. Today was in the upper 80's with Thunderstorms. the rest of the week looks promising to keep the heater running for a couple hours each night.
Weather 6-17.JPG
I hope the weekend is better.

Western Pa. has been hit with storm after storm. Water has been holding at 80 which isn't too bad. But I have to drain a few inches of water again from last nights downpour.

It poured last night!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
This weather is crazy - we've gotten over 3 inches of rain overnight and it's still raining. I was lucky yesterday was dry and sunny so I was able to backfill around the pool.

The kids got in and swam while I was working. The water was 88.

Can we send our rain out west for awhile?

WOO hoo! A couple of good swimming days. (Not so much for working outside, kind of muggy.) Pool water finally made it to 82 degrees! Saw a low of 48 over the weekend, pool will be cold again. You know it's hot out and the water is warm when my husband gets in the pool!

We hit 82° yesterday and today, it was 80°. The water has been nice!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.