This weather stinks

Storm is rolling through right now... hoping it's the end of it for awhile!

Storming here too! Kids STILL have not gotten in the new pool yet. It's been thunder storming every single day, in the afternoon. Obviously, not worth the risk. Ugh.

BEAUTIFUL WEEKEND ahead. Will be a great Fathers Day Weekend. Whole family is excited. Going to move our pumps, so we'll have a nice place to cool down when done.

All this rain down in Florida has stalled my build completely! PB is completely backed up on all his jobs. Supposed to be swimming by now and if I'm lucky, kids will get a few weeks of swimming before heading back to school. I am NOT happy about it one bit! :grrrr:

So sorry jro! That is so disheartening.

I've got to drain the pool again as it's up over the skimmer, check the CYA and add more tomorrow! I will have drained 6" in 3 days! :shock:

We have a couple of great days (while I was actually off work) and today it looked to me like the pool temp was approaching 88. That is approaching the "too warm" threshold for me. I'll be out of town for work this week so I'm sure the weather will be absolutely beautiful here :mad:

If that is the case, I'll need to perfect my pool chiller.

It's going up to 84 degrees with outrageous humidity tomorrow and Monday linda! No excuses on not enjoying that pool because hubby and I will be in ours! We were suppose to have the baby and she's not coming so we'll be pool rats all day!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
We are having a family get together tomorrow for my husband's birthday. I think I'll splurge and turn the heater on. The pool water is 72 so it would take a week of mid 80's to get the water warm. My 7 year old granddaughter took swimming lessons this spring and she can't wait to show everyone how she can swim! I can't believe we haven't been in the pool yet this season.

Happy Birthday to your husband! It should be a beautiful day for a party!

I bet your little fish is so excited to get in the pool and show off her new skills! :cool:

We have been in the pool weekly since the end of May. 72 is actually pretty dang nice. Er... maybe I'm just getting used to it! :mrgreen:

I hear you linda! Having the water warmer certainly helps! And although it sucks getting old, if you don't do it ya die trying. :(

Turn on that heater. Have a great birthday for your husband/father's day. And let the kids have fun! We are looking forward to a day with sun in the 80's tomorrow! Happy Father's day to all the dad's out there!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

It's going to be a beautiful day jimmerz! Can't wait to get out of work tonight, go home, take a little nap and go swim!

Our weather has been nothing but rain. All I can say is that if this were snow we'd probably have 100 feet! We've been trying to fix our pool since the first of May. We get a few steps and then it rains. We finally got it all put back together on Friday but it was dark by the time we gave up. We weren't going to try to tackle a liner install in the cold and dark!

So now my "pool" is sitting in 6 inches of water with no liner. All I can say is the rain has done a nice job tamping down the sand and showing us where the high and low spots are (we did pretty good for working in the dark). I'm jealous of the Arizona and Texas pool owners who get to enjoy their pools!

I hope everyone who has Father's Day plans can get out and enjoy!

tebe9u8y.jpg

I can't remember the last time it rained. It's been like this or warmer for months.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.