This estimate seem too high to you?

I paid $5500 for my 14.1K Gallon remodel 5 years ago. It was a Pebble type finish, but not Pebble Brand.

Thanks, so looks like it's not too far off?

- - - Updated - - -

Is this the only estimate so far? You don't say where you are located, so does your area have other contractors to ask for estimates?

In Houston, TX. First estimate from a company named Parrothead Pool Services - these guys just finished a filter/heater replacement for me so I had them quote the remodel as well. I'm definitely going to get 2-3 more quotes to compare.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Two years ago, MMG was the only installer in the area for PebbleTec. Before my plaster, I called the PebbleTec headquarters in Arizona to find out about this 'brand new' color called 'Blue Surf'. I got to visiting with one of the reps, and he told me that MMG was their best installer in the U.S. Then he said, well actually, of all of our countries. I can believe it. Watching them work was really a thrill. So well choreographed and supervised. Just amazing. The MMG PebbleTec supervisor was there the entire time along with some big titled PebbleTec person from Califormia. Both guys were pointing out things to workers, etc. It was so fun to watch. I can remember that long after - I want to say 6 months or so - the same MMG PebbleTec supervisor came out with another guy to inspect the pool and ask me if I was happy, etc. I was impressed!

I hope that works out for you. Just know since they may still be the only PebbleTec company in town, you may have to wait, but it might be worth the savings. Back then, they ran about 12 crews a day for jobs in the summer. It's somewhere in my thread (but I'll never find it) where I mention how many jobs a week they complete in the high season. Be persistent about calling, since they are extremely busy now. I wish I had some advice about reaching them.

I'll keep my fingers crossed!
Suz

I'll keep my fingers crossed!
Suz

Thanks Suz! I found out that MMG doesn't work directly with homeowners, so it looks like going through a sub-contractor (Parrothead in this case) would be my best bet. So far I've gotten a couple more quotes in the 6-7k range for Pebbletec, but no one except Parrothead is willing to do the Quartzscapes product (which is cheaper). I might just splurge on level 1 PT.

If I did go that route, I'm at a loss on choosing between Pebbletec and Pebblesheen. I have kids, so I figure the smoother product (PS?) would be my best best.

I never stepped in a pool with the Pebbletec stones, so I can't help you there. Mine is pebblesheen. I like it fine, but some people don't. I don't think I would like the larger pebbletec, but can't say for sure. Even if I liked it, I don't think I'd pay the upgrade for it.

Parrothead should be able to take you to pools they have had the finishes installed. It would be better to step on a real pool first.

What part of the Houston area are you?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.