Pool refinishing cost discrepancy? PebbleTech Certified vs not?

NOLA_Pool

Jul 11, 2023
New Orleans
Hello all,

I am new here and really need some advice. I have a 15 year old 28' x 14' roman style pool with spa. It is ~15k gallons. I received quotes to replaster and they are pretty disparate. One company that admittedly doesn't have the best reputation quoted $8k to replaster with color. Another company (a certified PebbleTech installer) quoted me $13,500 for replaster with color and $18k to upgrade to PebbleSheen.

I am just trying to figure out if this $5500 discrepancy for the plaster is bonkers. After recieving quotes, I found out I do not want to use the company that quoted $8k and we likely want to go with PebbleSheen, but $18k to replaster a relatively small pool seems pretty crazy, but I do not know the state of the market.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to TFP
It is always recommended to use the certified installer. You can either call or look at the website of the pebble you plan to use to verify if the installer is still certified. Also request the warranty statement up front of any work.

I did a replaster in 2018, different mfg but that was at $12k. I had quotes that varied from $10 to $13k at the time but different types of plaster. I did verify that each one was certified to install the plaster they quoted.

Reactions: Kaylee34
Hello all,

I am new here and really need some advice. I have a 15 year old 28' x 14' roman style pool with spa. It is ~15k gallons. I received quotes to replaster and they are pretty disparate. One company that admittedly doesn't have the best reputation quoted $8k to replaster with color. Another company (a certified PebbleTech installer) quoted me $13,500 for replaster with color and $18k to upgrade to PebbleSheen.

I am just trying to figure out if this $5500 discrepancy for the plaster is bonkers. After recieving quotes, I found out I do not want to use the company that quoted $8k and we likely want to go with PebbleSheen, but $18k to replaster a relatively small pool seems pretty crazy, but I do not know the state of the market.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.
$8k is amazing low price and I’d write a check for it today if the installer was legit (I’m actually looking for one now). In our area All of the other more well own places are all in the $10k-$15k range. $13.5k sounds reasonable for pebble.

$8k is amazing low price and I’d write a check for it today if the installer was legit (I’m actually looking for one now). In our area All of the other more well own places are all in the $10k-$15k range. $13.5k sounds reasonable for pebble.
$13.5K would be no issue for Pebble, but the quote I got is actually $18k for Pebble. The $13.5k is for regular colored plaster. That seemed really high to me, so now I have the Wet Edge certified installer for my area coming out to give me a quote for comparison. I expect the Wet Edge quote will be in that $12-15k range and we will likely go with it over the PebbleTec if so.

w I have the Wet Edge certified installer for my area coming out to give me a quote for comparison. I expect the Wet Edge quote will be in that $12-15k range and we will likely go with it over the PebbleTec if so.
Wet Edge has a good video on their website that shows the difference in their products. Ask rep to quote 2 different types so you get a perspective on the price difference and the pros of 1 over the other. I have Primera Stone but that is their smooth pebble product.

Just got the new quote from the certified Wet Edge installer. Both the Wet Edge and PebbleTec installer have good reviews bpth online and word of mouth.

Wet Edge
Plaster - $11,400
Prism Matrix (Southern Lights, Lapis Blue, Twilight) - $16,300
Primera Stone (Sky Blue Treasure or Tourmaline)- $19,700 (+$1k upgrade + $2400 polishing labor)
Tanning Ledge - $5,200
*Other colors are stated to be a +$2500 upcharge which is tough because those Primera colors are not ideal.

PebbleTec
Plaster - $13,745
PebbleSheen - $18,015
Tanning Ledge - $8,200

HermanTx - I see you have the Primera Stone. Did you get to feel a pool with Prism Matrix or did you know from the start you wanted Primera Stone?

Also would Prism Matrix be considered an upgrade on PebbleSheen since it has glass beads?

Currently leaning towards using the Wet Edge installer to save on pebbles and the tanning ledge and going with the Prism Matrix assuming my wife approves of the texture.

Last edited:
HermanTx - I see you have the Primera Stone. Did you get to feel a pool with Prism Matrix or did you know from the start you wanted Primera Stone?
For Wet Edge I only considered Primera Stone. I did also consider Hydrazzo which is another mfg smooth pebble product.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.