Thinking about a new automation system.

Apr 13, 2014
Georgia
I’ve got a jandy aqualink rs. I upgraded to the iaqualink but it’s a little fussy and I think lighting got the j-box and possibly the control board.
My system is

pool/spa
goldline chlorinator
Intelliflo pump
Whisperflo booster
Polaris pressure side
Raypak digital heater
4 JVAs

Is there something you’d recommend over jandy? As you can see I’ve migrated away from jandy equipment. I generally want to install and commission myself. Is there a robust open protocol solution out there?

If you have an IntelliFlo pump you should install the Pentair IntelliCenter. Many of us have replaced our Aqualinks with the IntelliCenter and moved from Jandy to Pentair equipment.

It’s disappointing how expensive these systems are and they are all home grown with clunky add ins. There’s not much more to them than is present in a irrigation controller and definitely something I could use a building automation controller to do and they are built to last 20 years or more.

Reactions: Exlonghorn
There is a group of people who have hacked the Pentair protocols and developed their own pool automation system running on Rasberry pies. If you are up for it there are threads about the hardware and software.

Reactions: Exlonghorn
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.