The TFP Name the Shock Process Contest Finals

Please pick a winner for the Rename the Shock Process contest

• Total voters
Congratulations to crek31 for submitting the winning entry: "SLAM - Shock Level and Maintain"!

crek31 wins an Aquabot Turbo T-Jet In Ground Robotic Pool Cleaner, Courtesy of PoolSupplyWorld.com.

harleysilo came in second with the highest ranked entry after the ones from crek31. Second prize is a $200 dollar gift certificate to TFTestKits.net, Courtesy of TFTestKits.net.

Leebo came in third, with the next highest ranked entry after crek31 and harleysilo. The third place prize is a $100 dollar gift certificate to TFTestKits.net, Courtesy of TFTestKits.net.

I want to thank PoolSupplyWorld.com and TFTestKits.net for providing the contest prizes, and everyone who participated for their time and attention!

Yeah, SLAM is it from now on. There really is a VERY strong purpose behind this deliberate change. The process we have tweaked and improved over the years needed a new name of it's own because it is so unique. We really think this will help newbies get their pools crystal clear and understand what we teach much quicker.

So, SLAM away, everyone.......let's make it a household word.

I like it...congrats crek31! Lets hope some newbies don't SLAM their irksome pools with a baseball bat! I DO think it will really help new users do a double take and learn that shocking a pool is not a one time superchlorination that will fix all water issues. (As the PS leads them to believe.)

And yes, hats off to Leebo & harleysilo as Brushpup previously stated. Also a big thanks to the sponsers--very generous! Guess I'll just resign myself to vac'ing with my Pool Blaster. At least that doesn't hurt my brain as much as trying to come up with a new name for the now retired shock process!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.