The Return of the Pool That Just Won't Die

Status
Not open for further replies.
You probably could but I, along with most, would advise against it... All pools are different and some may call for different steps to help them along... Id wait a few days to see what your filter can do before thinking about adding Coag or Floc....

- - - Updated - - -

I know your pressure hasn't spiked yet but you could do a quick backwash to see if theres any junk hanging inside the filter

- - - Updated - - -

-or- http://www.troublefreepool.com/content/133-add-de-to-a-sand-filter

Im thinking about doing this with mine

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Just hopping in to say I like how things are moving along! cj, you have done a good job walking guy through this. Guy you have done a good job learning and figuring everything out as needed.

I would NOT do the floc, alum, colg., ect. What you need is time and you cannot buy that :(

I WOULD look into getting some DE for your sand filter. It might be just the trick to help finish up the clearing of the pool. The color tells me it is time and filter now.

Tell us when you get the DE and I will give you some tips oh now to figure out how much you need to use.

:kim:

Yeah, that's ok. I'm just thinking in terms of "nothing else is clearing this water, so let's try this." Only as a last resort. I think it'll clear on its own, but I'm preparing for the worst.

Yes, huge thanks to CJ. We probably would have been done sooner bad I not totally flubbed the size of my pool.

The DE idea sounds good, but I should probably wait until I do a deep clean of my filter since I'll need to open it to add that in anyway, correct?

In your signature you wrote you had a sand filter..........What we are telling you is you can add DE to your sand filter to help it filter better. DE will pick up finer "stuff" than sand alone.

Some times DE is called "filter aid" It HAS to be pool DE not food grade DE. I got mine from Lowes. It comes in a big box. You may never use it all in your life time. I cannot tell that I have used any from my box LOL

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.