The husband finally let me take over and I don't want to blow it!!

LUCK!!!!!!!!! and a HUG!

Kim

- - - Updated - - -

Next thing you need to do is find a hot-pink tee-shirt that has the words "Girl Power Gets It Done" written in glitter and wear it while working on the pool...that'll just kill him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL oh yeah!

Kim

- - - Updated - - -

If you take your test kit to a public pool you will NEVER get in one! Don't even get it near a hot tub!

That's hilarious, might just do that!
@1:15pm FC=10, CC=.5
Was hoping the FC would have held better, but it iS a very hot, sunny day. Are the results still in line?
Adding 2 jusgs of clorox, won't be able to test again till after 7:30pm

When you get through this you will know how clean the water is in your pool and spa. Your water will be better sanitized and better balanced than most drinking water. There will be no reason to not use your pool and spa.

@ 7:45pm FC=9.5!!! Yikes!! CC=1.0
I think a contributing factor to the low FC is the fact that we had a HUGE thunder storm for over an hour! Seriously we have never seen such a downpour!! Water running so fast it flodded into the garage. After watching the "amonia video" where he talks about what causes amonia and rain being one of them, I'm afraid of a reoccurance of the amonia (paranoia). They are predicting thunderstorms for the next few days.....crazy
If anyone reads this tonight, should I add more chlorox to "adjust" for the storm?
BTW husband could not clean the light niches, was crazy trying to batton down the premises and shop vac the garages (glad I was at work hee hee)

Not sure if you did anything yet, but brave the storm (not lightning!!!) and bring it up to shock level. No need to adjust for the storm. Rain doesn't cause as many problems as people not wanting to get wet and babysit their pool...

BTW, what ammonia video? I have never heard of rain raising ammonia.

Thank you for the reply! I added 2 jusgs of clorox at 7:45 to bring back to SLAM level. The storm had subsided by the time I got home so there was no lightning to worry about. Rain does not deter me, I just want to complete the SLAM process!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Must be a different video. He said nothing about rainwater and nothing much that made sense to me. Shock once a week or after a party? Pool store rhetoric.

I try my best to ONLY use rainwater to top off my water levels, even when opening in the spring. I love rainwater! I have never had chemical issues from rain.

You are doing a great job!!! Cleaning the lights are usually a breeze, btw.

Thank you. I think my husband will try to clean out the lights tomorrow if there are no thunderstorms. Re: the video, I thought he said something about nitrogen and rain et al contributing to ammonia. But I didn't rewatch the whole thing. One of the other members sent me the link when we discovered that I had a high ammonia level and that could have been causing the rapid consuption of chlorine in my pool.

The whole lightning nitrogen thing may contribute by feeding whatever bacteria converts CYA to ammonia. That only happens when you don't have chlorine, at least to my knowledge. I don't think you have anything to worry about. Keep up the good work. Once you get through this you will be amazed at the clarity of the water. A lot of people use the quarter reference talking about water quality. You can read heads or tails in the deep end with the pump off. I dropped a dime in mine a couple weeks ago because that's all I had on me, and I could tell which way it landed. That's the only downside of the TFP method. It'll be so clear you'll see every speck of dirt in the pool. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How is the water looking now?
Water looks much much better, lots clearer and blue. The stains seem fainter as well, but I can't tell for sure, maybe just wishful thinking cuz the husband (I'm going to legally change his first name to "The Husband" soon, "TH" from now on) says its looks the same. Oh well, I still think it looks better. Buts thats the benchmark for him, the stains. He keeps saying its all a waste (he's quit contributing $ to Clorox, says I'm on my own) and those stains will never come out. But on the bright side, he will clean out the lights today as long as there are no thunderstorms......and there are more forcasted today with flash flood warnings.

I do have a question: how long does a SLAM last? Approx? Just wondering if i'm on track.
Thank you!

Water looks much much better, lots clearer and blue. The stains seem fainter as well, but I can't tell for sure, maybe just wishful thinking cuz the husband (I'm going to legally change his first name to "The Husband" soon, "TH" from now on) says its looks the same. Oh well, I still think it looks better. Buts thats the benchmark for him, the stains. He keeps saying its all a waste (he's quit contributing $ to Clorox, says I'm on my own) and those stains will never come out. But on the bright side, he will clean out the lights today as long as there are no thunderstorms......and there are more forcasted today with flash flood warnings.

I do have a question: how long does a SLAM last? Approx? Just wondering if i'm on track.
Thank you!

That is great that the water is looking way better... We should be able to get to the stains after your SLAM :)

the SLAM is differant for every pool, there is not a set amount but yours has used more than most because of the ammonia, but that is in the past... I think you are getting close but I have to warn you, the last 10% is the longest but it does not use as much bleach :) Cleaning behind the lights will help a lot...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.