Hey CEP and Welcome !!!!!

Never heard of that one but we've seen other ORP devices.

Hey CEP and Welcome !!!!!

Never heard of that one but we've seen other ORP devices.

I could be wrong, but this looks like it's an automation system first and offers an optional version of its automation system which includes ORP/chemical?

Will be interested to hear how it goes @cuttingedgepool, out of curiosity, what led you to select this controller over others?

Here is a general Equipment Break Down of what I've got.
Chlorinator: Pentair IC40
Pump: Hayward SP32950VSP
Filter: Hayward C40S30
Automation: The Attendant (Poolside Tech) + Chemistry Module
Probes: Pentair 522186 IntelliChem PH Sensor + Pentair 522187 IntelliChem ORP Sensor
Probes Housing: Rola-Chem Paradise Globe Flow Cell with Flow Switch Digital System 550180
CO2 Solenoid Valve: Hayward Goldline Sense & Dispense CO2 Ph Kit AQL-CHEM2
CO2: New 50 lb Aluminum CO2 Cylinder with CGA320 Valve

I also have a broken Hayward Heat pump that doesn't do RS485 and is rusted out in a mere 3 years. Looking into options for this, as it doesn't do RS-485 which is key for cooling + heating. The first thing you'll notice is, I can run any brand of any equipment. I like this, as when one company is doing poorly, I can move on.

Last edited:
I could be wrong, but this looks like it's an automation system first and offers an optional version of its automation system which includes ORP/chemical?

Will be interested to hear how it goes @cuttingedgepool, out of curiosity, what led you to select this controller over others?
I was irritated with the usability of the pool companies controllers. I work in technology and considered building my own with a RaspberryPI, however I'm only at this home part time and my pool company needs to be able to handle things when I'm away. This was a natural fit. The device runs Open Embedded Linux. The UI is amazing. And the vendor lock in is gone.

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
following this closely. Ive been interested in Attendant for a while (you commented on my other trhread about it), but am still unable to locate an installer in Houston, though PoolSide has ngiven me 3 different names, neither knows what i'm tlaking about or will return my calls.
I was jsut looking to see if i could use a CO2 system. I'm really tiured of adding acid to my pool (i'm adding about 2 cups a day)..

With all of your equipment.. does any of it need its own automation to tie in, or can all of the controll be run through Attendant?

When my PB started with Hayward instead of the contract Pentair, I had sent this to them so the mix of brands would work in harmony but they ended up swapping out the Hayward laminars and CMP has a sync module for the waterfall. Only the bubbler is still Hayward but with intellibrite light so all the lights sync in show mode with an Intellicenter i8ps. But I think being a techy I would have liked to give the attendant a shot but the Intellicenter has turned out to be very cool.

Interesting. This could be the automation to rule them all if it works well. Vendor lock seems to be the biggest issue with all the automation systems out there.

following this closely. Ive been interested in Attendant for a while (you commented on my other trhread about it), but am still unable to locate an installer in Houston, though PoolSide has ngiven me 3 different names, neither knows what i'm tlaking about or will return my calls.
I was jsut looking to see if i could use a CO2 system. I'm really tiured of adding acid to my pool (i'm adding about 2 cups a day)..

With all of your equipment.. does any of it need its own automation to tie in, or can all of the controll be run through Attendant?
Everything is being controlled through the Attendant. The CO2 system is awesome. PH is now in harmony finally. I was like you spending my days dosing acid. Super annoying. The entire CO2 fill from airgas for a 50lb cylinder I got from Amazon was $70ish. I think it'll last a year. Maybe more.

I'm looking to add a new heatpump and a gas heater and 2 solenoid valve controllers next so I can fully isolate all the heating gear off and it won't get any water when not called for.

Yes, there aren't many contractors out there yet. I almost just did it myself, but convinced my pool guy he could begin to watch it remotely and save him time...

Everything is being controlled through the Attendant. The CO2 system is awesome. PH is now in harmony finally. I was like you spending my days dosing acid. Super annoying. The entire CO2 fill from airgas for a 50lb cylinder I got from Amazon was $70ish. I think it'll last a year. Maybe more.

I'm looking to add a new heatpump and a gas heater and 2 solenoid valve controllers next so I can fully isolate all the heating gear off and it won't get any water when not called for.

Yes, there aren't many contractors out there yet. I almost just did it myself, but convinced my pool guy he could begin to watch it remotely and save him time...
CO2 sounds like the solution im looking for. thanks for the details

@cuttingedgepool Are you still liking The Attendant? I'm considering getting one, but there aren't that many reviews out. We have a basic pool/spa combo with solar and gas heating. I won't be getting the chemical autodosing components. Wondering if a Hayward OmniPL is a better shot (slightly cheaper) or if The Attendant is a better way to go. What have you liked about? Anything been frustrating? thanks!