TFP First-time Startup! Looking good.

I'm now considering buying some TriChlor, and a floater. As this can have the dual benefit adding CYA and being Acidic. Thoughts?
You can do that, but seems like expensive and a pain to manage with SWCG...and it will add CYA slowly. Will be cheaper and easier to just add CYA and go.

You can do that, but seems like expensive and a pain to manage with SWCG...and it will add CYA slowly. Will be cheaper and easier to just add CYA and go.
Got it. I have a bulk order of CYA coming Tuesday.

Seems like I will begin to look at some sort of acid automation. (Understanding that testing is still required regularly, trust but verify)

I'm a controls engineer by trade, so I like to automate where I can. Heh.

One more comment. I need to up my CYA. I literally just removed my PB installed Puck Feeder and replaced it with my SWCG.

I'm now considering buying some TriChlor, and a floater. As this can have the dual benefit adding CYA and being Acidic. Thoughts?
I took the advice of the awesome people of this forum and did the sock method for my CYA. Picked up a 4lb bag of granular CYA, added the amount needed to the sock, tied it off, and then set it in the skimmer. You can also ‘dangle’ a sock in front of one of your returns but I didn’t want to come up with a way to hold the sock in place. It worked perfectly the way I did it and after testing it was spot on.

I took the advice of the awesome people of this forum and did the sock method for my CYA. Picked up a 4lb bag of granular CYA, added the amount needed to the sock, tied it off, and then set it in the skimmer. You can also ‘dangle’ a sock in front of one of your returns but I didn’t want to come up with a way to hold the sock in place. It worked perfectly the way I did it and after testing it was spot on.
Oh yeah definitely, I did the sock method last year.

Got some granular CYA on the way. Will repeat this year!

Reactions: cdadams1223
Alright. Got my TA down. Got my CH on range.

When can I acid granular Boric? Is it okay if I'm going to have swimmers? Or maybe I should wait till end of the weekend.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.