TF100 Test Kit - First Result

Well that is a conundrum. Assuming your pressure gauge immediately showed this difference right after putting in the new valve and it's not going bad, there are a few possibilities:

1. The manufacturer changed some of the internal dimensions of the valve and didn't tell anyone.
2. Something was wrong with your old valve, the gasket(s), or how it was seated on the standpipe.
3. Something is wrong with your new valve, there may be blockage somewhere inside.

That being said, clean pressure of 16 psi isn't all that abnormal for your setup, but 8-10 seems low in my opinion. It's probably nothing to worry about. I would try adding the DE and see how it behaves.

Last night, OCLT -5.5. My "trouble free" pool is driving me crazy. I brushed twice yesterday, vac'd once and backwashed. Not a speck in the pool. Pool looks better than it has in the 10 years I've owned it. Probably because I've spent more time on it the last week and a half than I had to all of last season. Kids growing very impatient, especially for the holiday weekend. 40-50 drops of solution twice a day. I won't have enough solution to test through the weekend. Suggestions??

If you have any reagent left, you could conserve it by using 5 mL samples and to get your FC and CC levels you double the result.

So instead of 20 drops being 10 FC, 20 drops would be 20 FC. Same with CC. It lowers the resolution on the test to 1 FC increments but should be fairly accurate at high FC levels. Not as useful for CC but when doing CC as long as it doesn't turn pink after adding R-0003 your CC is <1.

Memorial day came and made me put my SLAM on hold. Daughter had a large group of friends coming to swim. 85 and sunny today. Last night, I got in the pool with a sponge, went down and removed main drain and scrubbed the inside(it wasn't very dirty). Proceeded to scrub every seam, wrinkle, and corner in the pool. Slammed it with bleach. My reading at 11:30 last night was 30. I woke up at 5:30 to check it. Reading 19?!? Either I loosened up something I couldn't see, or I left something pretty dirty, stinky, and nasty in the pool. I did not add anything this morning. After being swam in from 10:30 am to 7 pm. I also ran the hose for about 2 hours(getting pretty low) and swept the pool. Here are my readings tonight without adding anything.

FC 9.5 (should I have expected more loss?)
CC 0
CH 100
TA 140
pH 7.2
CYA 70

Should I take it back to SLAM tonight?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Last nights OCLT. -10!!!
The OCLT Test has a beginning FC (at near dark) and ending FC (Next AM) and the difference between those two numbers is your OCLT.

So I assume your beginning was maybe 10.5 or something and your AM test was 10.0 which gave you a loss of 1 ppm or less...right?

Tell me if this makes sense. I put bleach in to raise to slam this am. I'm guessing to FC 29. 6am to 3:15 pm. 9:15 minutes FC 21.5. A loss of 7.5 Fairly sunny with some morning rain. How do I lose more at night than during the day??

Tell me if this makes sense. I put bleach in to raise to slam this am. I'm guessing to FC 29. 6am to 3:15 pm. 9:15 minutes FC 21.5. A loss of 7.5 Fairly sunny with some morning rain. How do I lose more at night than during the day??
Ignoring day versus night..... I'd sort of expect earlier to use more FC than later, simply because you've already killed off some algae so the demand is lower.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.