Test kits

jennyfitz

May 12, 2024
Just filled my above ground Coleman pool have used pristine blue in the past and hate it. Started fresh this spring. Was wondering if this test kit will be okay to get started.

Attachments

• IMG_5061.png
    IMG_5061.png
    265.7 KB · Views: 13
It is an 18 x 48 round. 1500 gal pool. No I do not want to drain it everytime it gets cloudy, that’s why I am trying to learn. We only drained it because it was very green upon spring opening and we decided to start over. The pool store talked me into getting pristine blue last year selling me by saying it only requires maintenance every two weeks and that it would cheaper with the rising cost of chlorine and it was getting harder for them to get chlorine. I also thought this would be a healthier option for my kids. However, the pool would look good for about a week then remain cloudy the rest of the year no matter what I did and despite following pool store recommendations as I would take the water to them to have it tested. I am learning from reading here that was a big mistake.

It is an 18 x 48 round. 1500 gal pool. No I do not want to drain it everytime it gets cloudy, that’s why I am trying to learn.
If this means 18ft diameter by 4 ft deep then the volume is 7,600 gallons. Agree that you do not want to drain this often.
The TFP methodology is based on 2 fundamental components - test your own pool water using a proper kit - I would recommend the TF100 on tftestkits.net as it is better value (more tests). the alternative is K-2006C which can be purchased on Amazon.
The second component is to follow the recommended FC/CYA Levels.
Using liquid chlorine is preferred over chlorine tablets or other pool store remedies.

Reactions: Hudsongirl