Test Kit Link

Happy to support them some more through the test kit.
This is a common misconception. The forum is a (503C ?) non profit / charity, totally independent of TFTestkits.

The Taylor residential kits were too small for how we roll, and the commercial kits ('C') had too much CH and TA tests and not enough FC and CYA. So TFtestkits was born to use supplies aligned with how we do things. We (as real world users, not 'staff') recommend them because they're hard to beat with fresh, fast supplies and an owner who steps right in to make things right if need be. But it's a seperate entity. :)

This is a common misconception. The forum is a (503C ?) non profit / charity, totally independent of TFTestkits.

The Taylor residential kits were too small for how we roll, and the commercial kits ('C') had too much CH and TA tests and not enough FC and CYA. So TFtestkits was born to use supplies aligned with how we do things. We (as real world users, not 'staff') recommend them because they're hard to beat with fresh, fast supplies and an owner who steps right in to make things right if need be. But it's a seperate entity. :)
Wait a second, I'm counting on my TFTestkit commission check to buy Christmas presents for my kids. I guess it's coal again for them.

Thanks for the clarification.

I recall them being the same a long time ago (but probably never paid attention). I like to help people who directly/indirectly help me when I can.

Reactions: Newdude
Just a question on the kits, is the R0014 in the tps kit compatable with the comparator that comes in in the taylor 2006 kit? I've been reading too much lately and its starting to confuse me.

The R-0004 and R-0014 use the same chemistry (Phenol red) but are differ in their concentrations.

The R-0014 is used with the residential or midget comparator block and that block has the following pH scale - 6.8, 7.2, 7.5, 7.8 & 8.2.

The 9058 block uses the R-0004 reagent and it has the following gradation - 7.0, 7.2, 7.4, 7.6, 7.8, 8.0.

So the midget block will let you test out further into the extremes (6.8 and 8.2) but the 9058 block has better solution in the mid-range values.

Just a question on the kits, is the R0014 in the tps kit compatable with the comparator that comes in in the taylor 2006 kit? I've been reading too much lately and its starting to confuse me.
The R-0014 unfortunately does not work with the comparator for the K-2006. However TFtestkits does sell R-0004, which is the reagent needed for the K-2006 comparator. TFtestkits also sells a K-2006 refill set for users with that kit.

Thanks for the clarification.

I recall them being the same a long time ago (but probably never paid attention). I like to help people who directly/indirectly help me when I can.
A member here started it when he saw the need for a proper residential kit at an affordable cost. It is still a family run business today! The two entities (while quite complimentary) are totally separate though.

Reactions: Newdude and TAMC93

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.