FC vs CYA chart location

If this was a new users first exposure to TFP…..odds say you were leaving in a matter of seconds.

@Leebo - You are missing one key factor. Many of us simply search for "troublefreepool CYA chart" when we need a reference. The link takes us there, and we are done for that session.

What is happening now is:
a) We are searching/reading for 20 min to land in this thread.
then
b) We are saving it offline and not visiting

For me, both just happened today.

I talked to a few UX/UI designers

Problem #1

Did the new user really need to know a target chlorine value for a CYA level of 80 if their CYA was 40? In my eyes…..no, they don’t.

Yes. Being able to see the chart helps understand the CYA/FC ratio. A calculator does it for them, no thinking required. The latter attracts those who are less inclined to be TFP practitioners and more inclined to be pool store customers.

I believe that they will find greater value in the improved user experience.

FWIW - As a long time member, I find it much prettier and less useful.

My $0.02, YMMV

Last edited:
@Leebo - You are missing one key factor. Many of us simply search for "troublefreepool CYA chart" when we need a reference. The link takes us there, and we are done for that session.

What is happening now is:
a) We are searching/reading for 20 min to land in this thread.
then
b) We are saving it offline and not visiting

For me, both just happened today.
I do the same... I just save it offline because I have difficulty finding the page sometimes when searching.

Reactions: Jsf721 and Newdude
Yes. Being able to see the chart helps understand the CYA/FC ratio. A calculator does it for them, no thinking required. The latter attracts those who are less inclined to be TFP practitioners and more inclined to be pool store customers.

I was thinking the same.

Even as an experienced user, I ended up printing the chart so I wouldn’t have to hunt for the info on TFP any longer.

If TFP is committed to keeping the new tool, what’s the harm in also having the chart available?

I think I mentioned previously, I’d love a link to the full chart off the main menu in the app. So annoying having to go to pool school then scroll and click through quite a few actions to get what I want.
YES!!!!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.