Test frequency

You'll get to know your pool eventually and then you can test when you feel it's necessary. I started out testing daily in the evening then adding liquid chlorine to bring levels back up to target. But realistically, it was always about a 2ppm loss per day.

Now that I have a SWCG, if I miss a day or two or three of testing, it's all fine.

I've never had an issue with pH moving quickly, so I test that every 1-2 weeks.

Reactions: garroyo130
garoyo130,

TFP methods are all about precise and timely testing. Don't shorcut what Texas Splash linked to above.

As you learn your pool (30-45 days) you will set your own intervals but shortcutting what we suggest is an invitation to a LONG algae bloom........throwing away any time you may have saved.

Ironically more testing as you learn, helps you become more at one with the pool down the road. It doesn't take long and after a while you'll have a good feel for how it responds. More effort now makes for much less effort later. Less effort now greatly increases the chances of a swamp and the effort needed will be off the charts.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.