Fort Worth TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
After my slam at the end of July and first part of August I have been following TFP procedures for daily, weekly and monthly readings.

Daily my PH is always reading 8 and I am having to add 9.5-10 ounces of MA daily. My pool has a spa that has a spillover that runs the whole time the pump runs (9 hours a day to keep my FC where it needs to be) and I am guessing this is what is causing the PH to be so high every day. There is no way for me to turn this off either. I guess I am here just seeing if this is going to my my normal every day of adding MA? Today I actually just added MA before doing my readings and it was 7.6 like I want.

Thoughts, comments and suggestions are welcome.

Today’s readings
FC - 9
CC - .5
PH - 7.6 after adding MA earlier
TA - 70
CH - 250
CSI = -0.30

Reactions: Rancho Cost-a-Lotta
My pool has a spa that has a spillover that runs the whole time the pump runs (9 hours a day to keep my FC where it needs to be) and I am guessing this is what is causing the PH to be so high every day.
It is doing you NO favors, that's for sure.

Got pics of the equipment pad ? Get some near and some far.
Very nice. (y) Are you aware testing at 10+ FC skews the PH test ? Always test PH at your low FC point of the day, or below 10.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Dropping TA a bit lower (which you're doing with MA additions) will help slow down the pH rise. Your pool might be happy at 50-60, just remember your fill water is likely higher, so with summer heat, you'll always be fighting it.

I fight my pool all summer until I get to TA 60 - but my well water is TA 250.

Reactions: hensler74
so with summer heat, you'll always be fighting it.
@reggiehammond i don't want to assume, but I guess I am... assuming the summer heat correlates to evaporation which introduces fill water that puts upward pressure On the TA or is there something I've completely missed about heat and TA?

Reactions: hensler74
Got pics of the equipment pad ? Get some near and some far.
Attached not sure they are the best but what I could grab due to the lattice enclosure around the equipment.

Very nice. (y) Are you aware testing at 10+ FC skews the PH test ? Always test PH at your low FC point of the day, or below 10.
Yes sir I am aware of this. Nine (9) is the high end of recommended so I am still playing with the SWG settings trying to get to where I want to be.

IMG_2262.jpegIMG_2262.jpegIMG_2263.jpegIMG_2264.jpegIMG_2265.jpegIMG_2266.jpegIMG_2267.jpegIMG_2268.jpegIMG_2269.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Newdude
Dropping TA a bit lower (which you're doing with MA additions) will help slow down the pH rise. Your pool might be happy at 50-60, just remember your fill water is likely higher, so with summer heat, you'll always be fighting it.

I fight my pool all summer until I get to TA 60 - but my well water is TA 250.

This summer here in Fort Worth TX has been brutal so have been adding more water than the last two summers. My TA on the full water is 120 so that is not helping at all.

Screenshot_20230909_125734_Chrome.jpg

Can you set this to only feed the spa 15
minutes a day ? This spillover will flow anytime the pump runs but the spa doesn't have to be constantly exchanged. It can sit all day as 2 independent bodies of water and then flush it once a day.

View attachment 528846

Can you set this to only feed the spa 15
minutes a day ? This spillover will flow anytime the pump runs but the spa doesn't have to be constantly exchanged. It can sit all day as 2 independent bodies of water and then flush it once a day.

If it can be done I don’t know how to do it 😂. We ought the house and didn’t get any information about the pool setup from the previous owners so I have been learning it all on my own.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I looked back at some previous posts and don't recall...what type of automation system do you have? Someone with that system should be able to help you can figure that valve so it shuts off flow to the spa while in pool mode.

I looked back at some previous posts and don't recall...what type of automation system do you have? Someone with that system should be able to help you can figure that valve so it shuts off flow to the spa while in pool mode.

IAquaLink
I think my problem is that my pump is a single speed pump and not a variable speed pump. I believe it was VS I could probably set the spillover up to do as Newdude suggested but I don’t think I can with the single speed.

Single speed or VS pump shouldn't matter to set up Spillover mode.
Post a pic of your automation showing model number and front panel.

@HermanTX or @ajw22 might be able to help you set up Spillvfer mode.

Attachments

• IMG_2270.jpeg
    IMG_2270.jpeg
    571.9 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_2271.jpeg
    IMG_2271.jpeg
    480.3 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_2272.jpeg
    IMG_2272.jpeg
    361.9 KB · Views: 14
I will read this thanks. I know right now Aux3 is not being used for that. I will see if this helps me figure it out. Thanks
There are a couple of things to do.
First - when you turn on Spa Mode - do both automated valves rotate? One automated valve on suction (in front of the pump) and the second is the automated valve on the return line past your SWCG). Let us know if both rotate and if so which direction when in SPA mode and if they rotate back when switched to POOL Mode.

Second - since you are not using Aux 3, the simple move is to to push the dip switch to ON (to the right) This activates Spill Over mode and you will see it show up in your iAquaLink software. Be sure to TURN OFF power to your Automation System , then move the dip switch. Then turn POWER ON the system again. The software will then recognize the setting on the dip switch.

Let us know when you have dobe these 2 things.

There are a couple of things to do.
First - when you turn on Spa Mode - do both automated valves rotate? One automated valve on suction (in front of the pump) and the second is the automated valve on the return line past your SWCG). Let us know if both rotate and if so which direction when in SPA mode and if they rotate back when switched to POOL Mode.

Second - since you are not using Aux 3, the simple move is to to push the dip switch to ON (to the right) This activates Spill Over mode and you will see it show up in your iAquaLink software. Be sure to TURN OFF power to your Automation System , then move the dip switch. Then turn POWER ON the system again. The software will then recognize the setting on the dip switch.

Let us know when you have dobe these 2 things.

I will do this as soon as I get back home. I also need to double check on Aux3 because when I looked at my IAquaLink app just now it seems Aux3 may be setup as my spa light.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.