Forney, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
Good morning! I cleaned out my Salt Cell last night and per the Hayward video dumped the diluted water from a bucket into the pool. This morning, I cleaned the pool and filter and then tested my water. My TA shot down as did my pH, likely due to the diluted Muriatic acid I added to the pool last night from cleaning that darn salt cell. So I need to ramp this back up to 70?

Anything you see I need to adjust? Thanks as always folks!

Attachments

• IMG_2864.png
    IMG_2864.png
    68.2 KB · Views: 12
Bigger issue is why are you cleaning the SWCG with acid? Try to never do that. At most, use cleaning vinegar. The mineral acid (muriatic) strips the rare earth metals off the SWCG plates.
Well, still learning as I go I guess. Found a YT video with the same Hayward salt cell and that’s what they used. Thanks for posting that link…it was a good read. It looks like citric acid may be even better than vinegar or is that not the case?

When you dump the vinegar in how long do you let it sit?

Thanks!

You can let it sit as long as you like with the vinegar. Not sure I would use citric.

You should not ever need to 'clean' a SWCG. With proper water chemistry, no significant scale will form.

Reactions: cdadams1223
You can let it sit as long as you like with the vinegar. Not sure I would use citric.

You should not ever need to 'clean' a SWCG. With proper water chemistry, no significant scale will form.
Thanks MK! I’ll stick with vinegar from here on out. I’ll start checking it every 3-6 months or so and use some other tips I’ve found on this site just now like using a popsicle stick or tongue depressor to knock off visible build up.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.