T-Cell-15 Producing Cloud Plum?

PullJunkie

Oct 7, 2018
PA
I noticed today when my SWCG is on, there is "cloudy" water coming out of the jets. It almost looks like air, but it is not. When I turn the SWCG off, it stops. Is this normal? It seemed to start after I added some CYA yesterday, I forgot that I should have put it in a sock and ended up dumping it in the pool. Then I vacuumed it back up, I would think it'd be dissolved by now though if it was in the sand filter?

swcg.jpg

Thanks, its weird though, why haven't I seen this the last week since I got it up and running? It just started yesterday and it makes the water look cloudy. Like it actually circulates around the pool with the flow of water.

We have had reports of that. Normally at spring start up. Seems to be some combination of water chemistry and possible water temperature? It goes away.

Thanks, I'll keep an eye one it. All chemistry is good so far. Only difference is water temp has risen from about 80ish to 86-87 due to the hot weather here in PA and I added CYA yesterday morning as mentioned.

I doubt it. Lowering TA and pH would not cloud up the pool water. No idea what the CO2 might do. Does it get added before or after the SWCG?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.