T-15 SWG says 3000, test kit says 4600?

You should be able to run on T-9 then T-5 for quite a while if you want to extend the life of the cell. The downside is that you may need more pump run time. The cell won't turn off until the unit's salt level hits 2400 ppm.

Last edited:
Reactions: mknauss
You should be able to run on T-9 then T-5 for quite a while if you want to extend the life of the cell. The downside is that you may need more pump run time. The cell won't turn off until the unit's salt level hits 2400 ppm.
Thank you for that, can I then go to a T – 3? I just bought a brand new one on eBay for $750. I got them to come down on the price. I think I will do exactly what you said, until it completely burns out

Does the chlorine production change from T 15 to T-9? Or are you going to tell me that the Cell being depleted is gonna produce less chlorine no matter what you put it on? I guess what I’m asking is does the machine produce less Chlorine if it thinks it’s on a T-9?

No, the CL production does not change with the setting. The setting is just for the amps to salt conversion. However, as the cell degrades, it will draw less current and produce less CL so some adjustment may be necessary.

And yes, you can use T3 setting at the last stages of life.

No, the CL production does not change with the setting. The setting is just for the amps to salt conversion. However, as the cell degrades, it will draw less current and produce less CL so some adjustment may be necessary.

And yes, you can use T3 setting at the last stages of life.
How long can I live like this, on emergency backup chlorine? (sounds like a space odyssey)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.