SWG upgrade advice?

How many gallons are in the pool?

Are your pool equipment hard piped?

Post pics of your pool and equipment.

Consider a Hayward Aquatrol or Circupool SWG.

With roughly 10k gallons, there are many choices in the link above. Units are rated for 24/7 runtime, and may not keep up on particularly hot years in FL. The circupool universal 25 was $786 with a $180 sale the other day for $606. It'd be hard to beat.

The other reason we reccomend larger systems are for less runtime. A 2x unit produces the same FC in 12 hours, saving on energy costs. With half the runtime, it effectively lives twice as long. A 3x does the same in 8 hours, living 3x as long, etc.

Thanks for the info. My pad is a 22’ X 22’ concrete slab. The pool sits in the middle and one corner houses the equipment. Not much for pics just now, only the pump and filter are in place. Took everything down to prep for the new pool. Sounds like a 2X or 3X unit would be best. Price matters, but quality and length of service are right up there too. I just want something I don’t have to fool with once it is all up and running.

Sounds like a 2X or 3X unit would be best. Price matters, but quality and length of service are right up there too. I just want something I don’t have to fool with once it is all up and running.
Maintenance is done annually to ensure the plates are clean. The output of the SWCG, in terms of %, will need to be adjusted periodically based on the FC level needed for the pool. That is a simple procedure.
I have a 40k rated SWCG for a 14k gal pool so going 3x is fine if it fits your budget.

I decided I will most likely go with Circupool Universal 40 SWG. The tech was very helpful answering my questions. They offer a package and I wondered if buying it all together makes sense in terms of compatibility? Or, would any 1.5 VS pump and 150 cartridge filter work fine? If the latter, what pump/filter do you all recommend? What source?

Filter is dumb equipment. Brand is not as important as is functionality. Best to have a large cartridge filter. 300sq ft or larger.

Pump is important. Better to go with a higher HP pump such as 3 HP. It allows to pump more energy efficient at a lower speed and still moves a lot of water.

What are they offering? Also, do you get additional discounts with multiple products purchased at same time?

So, Circupool is offering the Smartflo 1.5hp VS. I’m not knowledgeable enough to know if that is big enough or not. I have only ever had Hayward single speeds. I assume they are all China manufacture at this point. Any brands better than others? Love to have Pentair, but budget is not that full.

So, Circupool is offering the Smartflo 1.5hp VS. I’m not knowledgeable enough to know if that is big enough or not
It is plenty big for your needs.
Any brands better than others?
We have a bunch of members with that Circupool pump, or it's Black and Decker or Calimar sister. They are going strong so far.

Reactions: HermanTX

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support