Advice needed for SWG (Plumbing in small underground box)

barbn076

Sep 15, 2023
Lisboa
First of all, I’m fairly new here and just finished my first successful SLAM! Thanks for all the all useful resources here.

Now for maintenance, I would appreciate some advice for replacing my SWG and PH regulator. Both are already switched off and were no longer working when we bought the house. Unfortunately, the mechanical room is in a underground box, with very little space to work with. I’m planning to buy this set, including the Neosal 33g/h- 200m3 (my pool is 45m3 (we are in Europe))
Sugar Valley NeoSal with pH pump

Some questions I have:
  • As new cell of this SWG needs to be installed vertically, I’m planning to install it like with option 1 or 2 (see last picture). What would be the best option?
  • I’m somewhat handy, I would prefer to do this myself, or would it be better to get a professional for this situation? I'm a bit afraid for cutting the pipes, as work space is very limited.
  • The cell has a 63mm connection, it looks like my pipes are 50mm. Can a use a 63mm>50mm reducing socket just before the cell to connect it to a 50mm pipe?
  • It looks like the pipe in the outlet from the filter is glued. Is there any way I can get this out? I would prefer to clean the sand filter at the same time.
Any other advise on this situation would be really helpful! Thanks all!

20240229_094905 (Groot).jpg20240229_094912 (Groot).jpg20240229_094922 (Groot).jpgplan.jpg

Hey Barbn and Welcome !!!! Do they still make the old cell ? With many brands you can even get a larger cell in the same footprint.

Thanks @Newdude for the reply. I did find a replacement cell. However I don't know if it's just the cell that needs to replaced, or also the system/box. The full set is not available anymore. So if I buy the replacement cell and it turns out the system or the sensors are broken too I have a problem with having a useless new cell.

Reactions: Newdude