New Jersey
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
I tested the salt by hand and I know it is roughly 3200. Every day when my salt cell starts up, it says it is 4500. I did the recalibration method and it still stops at 4500. The light isn't on for High Salt and it seems to be generating salt. The only thing that has changed is my pool guy reoriented the salt cell after checking it for buildup. Would this have caused mis-readings? This is third year with salt cell. Its a Aquarite 900. T-9
Should I try cleaning it and reattaching? What else should I do? Going on vacation of course!!

This is the basic information we need to know in diagnosing a problem:

• Report all readings when you..
    • Move the switch from auto to off and check all of the readings.
    • Move the switch back to auto and recheck the readings.
    • Move the switch to off for a minute and then back to auto and recheck the readings.
  • What are the first seven characters of the cell and box serial numbers?
IMG_7051.jpeg

Cleaned it and its back on. It wasnt dirty at all. Still getting a high reading. Attaching my photos

Attachments

• IMG_1361.jpeg
    IMG_1361.jpeg
    235.9 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1362.jpeg
    IMG_1362.jpeg
    263.4 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1365.jpeg
    IMG_1365.jpeg
    239 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1364.jpeg
    IMG_1364.jpeg
    282.3 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1363.jpeg
    IMG_1363.jpeg
    292.6 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1359.jpeg
    IMG_1359.jpeg
    215.3 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1360.jpeg
    IMG_1360.jpeg
    219.6 KB · Views: 8
Also, how are you & the pool guy cleaning the cell? Cleaning with acid reduces it’s life so that should be a last resort.
Management of csi should prevent the cell needing to be cleaned.

OK -- I would watch the amps. To be safe you could drain off 10% of the pool volume and replace with fresh to get the amps into the 6's.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I think i found my answer in another forum. I believe it should be set to a t-15, not a t-9?? Can someone confirm this?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.