Swamp to Swimming Pool

Well you could get an ammonia test from the pet store.

But, lets see what happens in 30 minutes. If the FC drops a lot, then the losses are due to something in the water and not much from the sun.

e5d145d084d600e1142df14d1cd0c00b.jpg

Be glad you have a sand filter n not a DE filter! OMG I would not want to baby sit that thing! Lol

More pics please!!!!

Swayne, we had lots of frogs too...singing frogs. It was quite a racket back there before the recovery. They still come round to "the homeland" every spring, they're just not as inclined to spawn there :)

Someone earlier I think mentioned the leaf gulper that attaches to a hose to help get debris up....they're cheap and it helped in my case. As you saw in the pics, though, mine cleared up even though we'd missed a big pile in the corner when we hauled out 20 wheelbarrows of leaves. But the faster you get the debris out, the better the chlorine will work.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
FC only loosing a few PPM in between my 12 hr checks. Trying to keep it around 25ppm. My CYA is a little higher than i was shooting for at a little over 50, but I think it will be okay. To me it looks like it is improving, just going to be a slow go.

I will try to up load a few pics this evening.

Oh my.... :shock:

Please keep track of the jugs of chlorine...I would love to see the final total. Good luck to you!

The jugs piled up too fast and I had to take them haul them away. Up to 39 121oz just so far.

Quick update on my swamp.

I had small setback a couple weeks ago that caused me to lose a lot of progress, but it is now back underway. I have went thru SO much bleach. I'm going thru 4-5 jugs of 121oz 8.25% a day and I can see progress. This is defiantly going slower than I thought, but I'm sticking with it. I'll try to update with more pictures tonight.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.