Sundance Spa heater relay not working

dannyboy1

Dec 29, 2022
Tennessee
Good afternoon. I recently bought my 1st Hot tub (used). I saw it working correctly before I bought it. Now it wont heat. It is a Sundance Optima that was taken very good care of and serviced annually. The heater test good at 10 ohms and rings out. The issue appears to be K1 relay, it is not switching on, and I can not find which sensor or protocol is calling for the K1 relay.

Welcome to TFP.

@RDspaguy may know your tub. Let's see what he says when he passes by.

Is there a wiring diagram or other information on the inside of any of the panels?

Dan,

Is your spa being powered by 115 volts or 240 volts?

Did the previous owner give you the manual?

Are you getting any error messages, or the tub will just not heat?

What is the water temperature and what is the set point for the temperature that you want the tub to be?

Just asking questions that I think RDspaguy will want answered.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Dan,

What is the water temperature and what is the set point for the temperature that you want the tub to be?

Thanks,

Jim R.
I figured it out....the flow sensor was in backwards. But I cant express how APPRECIATIVE for the reply!!
Did it work and then quit after getting it situated? Could it be wired wrong? I'm betting @RDspaguy can help you figure it out, but I bet he'll want more details and probably pics of the equipment area...
I figured it out....the flow sensor was in backwards. But I cant express how APPRECIATIVE for the reply!!

Dan,

Thanks,

Jim R.
Did it work and then quit after getting it situated? Could it be wired wrong? I'm betting @RDspaguy can help you figure it out, but I bet he'll want more details and probably pics of the equipment area...
Welcome to TFP.

@RDspaguy may know your tub. Let's see what he says when he passes by.

Is there a wiring diagram or other information on the inside of any of the panels?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.