Summer waves to intex sand filter

You need to add chlorine. Have you? Add 3 ppm FC worth now. Have you added any CYA? If not, get 30 ppm worth dissolving. Brush if necessary to mix the water.

Is the skimmer being sucked dry by the pump? If so you need to raise the water level in the pool. If i recall I had to ensure I was always over 1/2 way to 3/4 of the way up the skimmer opening or this would happen. Also sometimes the weir door would cause this problem. My last pool was a summer waves with that skimmer & an intex pump. Double check with the manual/instructions that you have the multi port valve orientated properly. Also be certain that those valves at the inlet & outlet are open & not closed.
The pump basket doesn’t look full in the pictures. It should be completely full of water.
As mentioned above you should chlorinate daily by adding 5ppm worth of liquid chlorine- you can pour it in slowly away from the liner & brush it around good even without the pump running.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Have you backwashed & rinsed the new sand well? At least a couple times. This will not only clean the dust from the sand but also help get the system full of water. *before moving the mpv handle be certain to always turn the pump off.
You can try pressing down on the handle with the pump off to help let air escape the filter & help get it full of water (i have to do this a few times upon the first startup of the year since the filter is dry)
along with undoing the grey release on the pump basket to ensure the pump basket is filled with water.
Basically do these things then turn the filter on a minute, turn it off & repeat 🔁
Other important things to try: lubricate all orings on all connections including the pump basket lid.

When I first started before I hard piped and valved things, I would have to manually fill the basket to the brim before turning the pump on. There was not enough pressure for the water to naturally flow and fill it.

Reactions: Mdragger88
When I first started before I hard piped and valved things, I would have to manually fill the basket to the brim before turning the pump on. There was not enough pressure for the water to naturally flow and fill it.
I remember fighting with that skimmer- mine was round & the “basket” was weird. If I recall I had remove the weir door for it to do right without sucking air unless the water level was just perfect. That skimmer was designed to only have a little fish tank pump pulling water through it.

Have you backwashed & rinsed the new sand well? At least a couple times. This will not only clean the dust from the sand but also help get the system full of water. *before moving the mpv handle be certain to always turn the pump off.
You can try pressing down on the handle with the pump off to help let air escape the filter & help get it full of water (i have to do this a few times upon the first startup of the year since the filter is dry)
along with undoing the grey release on the pump basket to ensure the pump basket is filled with water.
Basically do these things then turn the filter on a minute, turn it off & repeat 🔁
Other important things to try: lubricate all orings on all connections including the pump basket lid.
I'll give it another try I . thanks for helping I'll let you know what happened.

Reactions: Mdragger88
I'd like to thank everybody for their input on my pool situation. I ended up purchasing a new bottom to the filter that came with the pool and now it's working well..
I now have a problem with bubbles in the Water. I did have to put algae cleaner in it. Then I shock it and yesterday I put water clarifier cause the water still cloudy. There seems to be like a skim of oil. No one's been in the pool yet I could use some help with that.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.