Stock Tank Pool Plumbing

Welcome to TFP

Top of skimmer opening should be about 1/2 an inch higher than anticipated water level. Typically water level is about 4 inches below the top rail of the pool to keep the water from splashing out from regular water movement from people frolicking.

The skimmer outlet is plumbed directly to the suction of your pump. Generally good to have a valve on the outlet of the skimmer. Also a good place for your water bond fitting to go.

Discharge of the pump goes directly into the multiport valve on the filter.

The outlet of the multiport valve gets plumbed back to the return fitting on the pool. The return fitting goes about 6-8 inches below the expected water level. Putting a valve on the return line right at the return fitting is also a good idea.

If you are adding a saltwater chlorine generator or a heater it will be plumbed into the return line after the filter and before the pool.

We love pics of builds.

I was wondering how to ground the filter for use on the metal stock tank. I have a 7 foot round metal stock and an intex model 637r cartridge filter pump. The stock tank is old, so I plan to paint the entire inside with white flex seal liquid. The outside will be left original. Thanks in advance!

Virtually all intex pump/filter products are doubled insulated and should be plugged into a properly installed and grounded GFCI outlet. That is all you need for an intex pump.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.