Replacing pump, but can't find the Calimar VSP in stock anywhere

Sep 26, 2014
Gilbert, AZ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
My pump has been dying for awhile, so I had already started researching a replacement a couple of years ago. Back then, I had decided to get the Black&Decker VSP.

My pump finally died completely today, but when I went to order the new one, I discovered that prices had increased dramatically in less than 2 years. ($484 -> $844 for the 1.5HP; $819 -> $1199 for 3.0HP)

After doing some reading here, I discovered the Calimar pump which is basically identical, but with a shorter warranty, but I received a "National BackOrder Notice" from both companies I tried to order from (Pool Supply Unlimited & Active Pool Supply).

Does anyone know where I might find one in stock or how long it might before stock is replenished? I find it crazy that the B&D is more than twice the price of the Calimar for the identical pump, but I guess that is why the Calimar is currently unavailable.

Best wishes and please keep updated. It's only going to get worse once all the TX freeze damage comes into play.

The 2 places you mentioned were the ones selling it dirt cheap. Let's ask @wireform. He had replaced some a while back, maybe he has current deets.

After doing some more searching, I found the Black&Decker pump for a much reduced price and decided to just go ahead and order it instead.

In case someone else may be looking, here is the link (hope it is allowed):

It is listed at $1029, but there is a 15% off code (LOVE15) which lowered the price down to $875. Shipping is free.

What is weird is that this same company is the one selling it on Amazon for $1199.

Reactions: Newdude
After doing some more searching, I found the Black&Decker pump for a much reduced price and decided to just go ahead and order it instead.

In case someone else may be looking, here is the link (hope it is allowed):

It is listed at $1029, but there is a 15% off code (LOVE15) which lowered the price down to $875. Shipping is free.

What is weird is that this same company is the one selling it on Amazon for $1199.
I'd recommend you get one of the following links to spare the controller in the event of a lightning strike. Ask me how I know.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.