Blairsville GA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
2nd year user @ TFP - opened SW pool on 5/10/17 to green water.

Initial tests:

FC 0
CC 0
CYA 65
PH 7.2
TA 60

Followed SLAM procedures and after passing OCLT test, CYA was 50 on 5/13 so added 56 oz of stabilizer. CYA has remained at 65 since 5/16.

This a.m. readings (after 2.8 inches of rain and a backwash)

FC 14
CC 0
TC 14
CYA 65
PH 7.2
TA 90

Sand filter has never been cleaned (9 year old system) - during last 10 days added DE a few times following instructions - backwashed twice as pressure rose. Hubby has now modified filter fittings so sand can be cleaned. Water remains slightly cloudy.

Questions:

Do we clean sand filter before adding any more stabilizer to CYA?

Do I raise CYA to 75 since reading is subjective and may be closer to 70 than 65?

Is it harmful to add any more DE to skimmer? If not, can I do at same time as CYA since filter needs to be run for 24 hours?

Thanks much TFP

Since your trying to clear up your pool, I wouldn't add any DE to your sand filter until after you get all your chemicals balanced and pool clear. The reason being is you are backwashing a lot right now to get pool clear, and you just end up losing the DE each time. DE in sand filter is best used to make a clear pool clearer.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.