Water still cloudy

Sand isn’t the best choice unless it’s in water proof containers. My weights are bleach jugs with a mix of sand & concrete. The lids are capped with duct tape before putting the cap on (cuz bleach jugs are vented). I hang mine from a rope attached to a hole in the back of my steps since mine don’t have a bottom to set weights on.
In the ballast that sits in one of the steps I have sealed country time containers filled with sand. The pool people just filled it with sand initially even though I tried to object. It became algae city very quickly. I guess they didn’t care because it’s not their pool 😡 they just wanted to be finished installing. They also said that tiny cylinder of sand would hold them down- nope 👎🏻
Depending upon the configuration many people have done filled & capped pvc pipes as weights.
Thanks. The jugs with sand and concrete sound like a great idea. The bags of sand did last about 5 years before this happened. But it was for sure algae city.

Thanks. The jugs with sand and concrete sound like a great idea. The bags of sand did last about 5 years before this happened. But it was for sure algae city.
It was probably always contributing to some of your fc demand.
My uncle had low & very large wedding cake type steps - they filled them with sand & they were too heavy to get them back out or remove the sand (it went into a small hole in each step). He battled algae for years - they finally tore down their pool to replace it and were able to get the steps out once the wall was down.
Never ever pour sand inside steps or a ladder.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.