Status on new IntelliChem installation with IC40 SWG

Vegas Mike

Mar 30, 2019
Las Vegas, NV
Have seen comments on TFP regarding ORP inaccuracy for IntelliChem. Have IC40 cell, and noticed no chlorine generation when pump on higher speed. Issue (repaired today) was leaking valve on suction side, causing air bubbles at ORP / pH sensing cell! Will continue to track, but seems to have fixed the issue. Amazing to me that Pentair's design is so sensitive to entrained air. Also, on pH measurement, found I needed to "tweak" the pH measurement (actual term from Pentair) because was getting pH7.4 when setpoint was pH7.6. New pool plaster, and trying to avoid deeply negative CSI. Nearly zero CSI now.

Have seen comments on TFP regarding ORP inaccuracy for IntelliChem. Have IC40 cell, and noticed no chlorine generation when pump on higher speed. Issue (repaired today) was leaking valve on suction side, causing air bubbles at ORP / pH sensing cell! Will continue to track, but seems to have fixed the issue. Amazing to me that Pentair's design is so sensitive to entrained air. Also, on pH measurement, found I needed to "tweak" the pH measurement (actual term from Pentair) because was getting pH7.4 when setpoint was pH7.6. New pool plaster, and trying to avoid deeply negative CSI. Nearly zero CSI now.
Hey I'm using ORP and Intellichem and IC40. Were the bubbles causing it not to sense the flow, or were the bubbles throwing off the ORP readings? I've been suspecting the air I see in the lines sometimes may be causing my orp readings to be off.

Turns out more than one problem. The bubbles were interfering with the probe, but another problem too: EasyTouch8 programmed incorrectly. When in Cleaner mode, the unit was programmed with the F (filter pump) relay off. Pump is still running high speed, but the IntelliChem needs F active as an interlock on acid and chlorine generation. Correction was to run F (controlled by "Pool" mode) simultaneously with "Cleaner" programmed on relay 7. This was changed in the schedules, so ORP and pH now controlled with high pump speed in Clean mode.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.